“Loved it - best place we ate in Esteli”
Review of Cafe Luz Y Luna

Cafe Luz Y Luna
Ranked #4 of 50 Restaurants in Esteli
Cuisines: Latin, International
Dining options: Late Night
Description: A cultural melting pot for travellers and Nicas alike in central Esteli! Organic coffee, free wifi, chill tunes, cervezas and ron, and a varied menu which uses locally grown organic produce from our Kitchen Garden Project in Miraflor and El Limon. Profits are reinvested into the projects over at Luz Verde.
Reviewed October 4, 2012

I liked the atmosphere in here, and the food was excellent. The coffee was great. The clientele did seem to be mostly the rugged traveler/backpacker types, but that's not a bad thing to me. My spanish sucks so it was nice to hear english after several days trying and failing to interact w/people

2  Thank William_Walker24

Reviewed August 27, 2012

nice try to serve salads (and many other dishes that usually you do not find in Nicaragua, including Indian Dal), even if the vegetables in this country are not that good, so the result is not great. Freindly. Good atmosphere (despite the energy saving cold lights).

Reviewed August 22, 2012

The Coffee is great, I believe, organic and fair trade and if your staying at the luz luna hostel its free. I had many cups of deliciousness

Reviewed July 16, 2012

This place was full of gringos - with only a few locals there, and those with gringos as well. The service was slow, the food only ok, and pricier than it needed to be. The bathrooms -- filthy. So much so that my friends and I worried about the cleanliness of the food. I don't think I'll return.

1  Thank Lybsta
Reviewed March 27, 2012

great for a bite to eat; snack, drink or meal. you'll meet fellow travelers and find a wealth of info.