Hotel Los Arcos
$55
$21
$43
Hotel Kiuras Cafe and Restaurant(Jinotega)(Great Value!)
$30
Priceline
  • Restaurant
  • Bar/Lounge
Hotel La Estancia de Don Roberto(Matagalpa)(Great Value!)
Hotel San Jose(Matagalpa)
La Buena Onda(Matagalpa)(Great Value!)
TripAdvisor
TripAdvisor
All reviewsgreat hotelroof terracethe main squarecentral parkair conditioninghotel is centrally locatedsmall bartwo double bedssocial projectswalking distance to shopsstone's throwthe included breakfast buffetlarge backpacksquiet place to staynight's sleeplovely courtyardnon profit organization
Reviewed February 19, 2012

Our group of 3 couples stayed at Los Arcos for 3 days this past January. The hotel is located in a convenient spot not far from the Cathedral and close to central park. It is also close to Luna International hostel/cafe Luz where we booked one of our excursions.
Hotel Arcos is a clean hotel, good location with a good breakfast. Our only complaint is that the room we were staying in is above their hot water system which is turned on around 5:30 am makes a loud pounding noise. I think the room we stayed in was 217 on the second floor to the right of the stairs. Ask to stay to the left of the stairs or straight down to the end of the hall. The internet was hit and miss.
We had booked a tour to the Ducale Women's pottery co-op through this hotel. Roldolpho was our driver and he gave us a tour that had great value for our money. While passing a coffee distribution co-op he stopped and got permission for us to go in to view all they do to get the coffee beans prepared to ship. WOW
Our over all stay at Los Arcos was good. Although for quiet, comfort, less money and great spots to sit and visit in the courtyard, we would go back to Hotel Don Vito's where we stayed only one night since Los Arcos couldn't accommodate us on the 4th night there.

Room Tip: Ask to stay in a room that is not above where their hot water system is.
  • Stayed: January 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank gbjan
Reviewed February 5, 2012

Spent a week here in January. The rooms are nice and well cared for. The hotel is a training school for the hospitality industry in Nicaragua, so the employees are very hard workers and go out of their way to take care of you. The breakfast each morning, comes with the room, varied from day to day, so it was not monotonous. The roof deck was great for evening relaxation with a drink and cigar. The attached bar served beer and distilled liquor at extremely cheap costs; almost everything you ordered was 22 Cordobas - $1.00 US. Try to order a beer or drink in the USA for that. Good place to gather for an afternoon drink and cigar. Location in Esteli was perfect for visiting/researching the tobacco factories. The only thing I didn't like was another person staying at the hotel. He was bragging that he had made charges for about 8,000 Cordobas, and because it was a "banana republic" he'd have no problem claiming fraud and having the charges reversed; meaning his purchases are free. My definition of an "UGLY AMERICAN." Other than than, a wonderful hotel.

Room Tip: I stayed on the bottom floor with a single queen bed. The room had large windows that opened up to an outside garden. Just beautiful.
  • Stayed: January 2012, traveled solo
3  Thank HollywoodBeachRob
Reviewed January 17, 2012

We just got back from our 2.5 week adventure round Nicaragua a few days ago. I checked my credit card statement and there are some rogue transactions that I do not recognise on there - totalling 7904 Cordobas! (Strange as I have the card in my wallet.)

One rogue transaction was from Hotel Los Arcos and 3 were from a shop in Estelli that I have never been to.

I queried this with our local tour company (Va Pues who are GREAT and who had nothing to do with this) who managed to send me scans of all the card receipts. All 4 transactions took place whilst on our first morning staying at the hotel, when I was up in the mountains out of the town. All 4 receipts show signatures that were clearly not mine.

I can't remember whether I gave my card to be swiped at reception when we checked in. If so, this is how the fraud may have happened. If not, someone must have come into our locked room and taken the card from my locked wardrobe. I don't know if it was another guest or a member of staff.

Either way, the hotel is not safe. Do NOT stay here.

Stayed: January 2012, traveled as a couple
3  Thank gin_barnes
Reviewed January 16, 2012

We stayed at Hotel Los Arcos for three nights in January and were very comfortable in this clean, quiet and lovely hotel. Staff are very friendly and accommodating. The showers had plenty of hot water, the bed was comfortable and the breakfast buffet was very good.

Room Tip: The second floor has larger rooms and more daylight.
  • Stayed: January 2012, traveled as a couple
3  Thank LynR1162012
Reviewed January 14, 2012

I was in Estelie for three nights and stayed two nights at Hotel Los Arcos.

The first night was in their premium suite, which was approximately $90 US. It was a very large, open suite with a changing room, large bathroom with two sinks and a shower with body sprayers in addition to the shower head. The room, in addition to a king size bed, had a small lounge area with chairs and a tv and a balcony over looking the street.

On the second night, we were moved to a smaller suite on the ground floor (the premium suite was reserved for that night). This suite was much more basic, a two double beds and a bathroom (which was much more basic, sink, shower and toilet). The window looked out in the courtyard of the hotel and was approximately $60 per night.

Both rooms were clean and simply decorated, although the premium suite had more decorations, including a stocked book shelf. The rooms were both stocked with the standard soap and shampoo but also included toothbrush, razor for shaving and a small bowl of candy. In the premium room, the quality of the items were better but it was a nice touch in both rooms to have the extras.

The staff at the hotel was very friendly and helpful, we had arrived late night on the night before Hipica (unaware that it was taking place) and although the first night we arrived in town they had no where for us to stay, they did call around to other hotels in an attempt to find us somewhere and when we returned the next morning, they were happy to accommodate us and kept our bags for us while our room was being prepared to we could explore Estelie. I saw others say that they had items stolen, that was not my experience, although had I read those reviews earlier maybe I would have thought twice about leaving our bags behind. I did, as a matter of common sense, keep one bag with me that held the stuff that would be worth stealing such as money, passport, ipod, kindle. But again, that's just common sense.

There is a breakfast buffet included, standard fare (in my experience) for a Nica breakfast buffet, good but not exceptional.

I have traveled fairly extensively in Nicaragua, and this hotel is above average. It has a great location (very central and easy to explore the rest of the city from), very helpful staff and is above average for cleanliness.

Room Tip: If you've got the extra money to spend, the premium suites with balconies over looking the street (I believe there are two) are nice and are a nice treat.
  • Stayed: December 2011, traveled as a couple