“How difficult is it to cook a pizza?”
2 of 5 bubbles Review of L'Astoria

L'Astoria
Good for: Kids, Families with children, Large groups
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Seating, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
“How difficult is it to cook a pizza?”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 26, 2013

We were a group of five – three of us ordered the fixed price three course menu and the others ordered pizzas. The pizzas arrived after the three main courses, and were overcooked. My hungry teenage daughter ploughed her way through most of hers, leaving the burned crust, and my wife ate roughly a quarter of hers before giving up. The waiter belatedly offered to replace the pizzas but everyone else had already finished eating so my wife declined. I wanted to pay by card and, when no one came, I went inside to settle up. The manageress asked about my meal and I said it was “average”. Although I explained the problem, I was still charged 23 euros for the two inedible pizzas. We had seen two other diners complaining about their meals, so either the chef was having a nightmare or this is a place worth avoiding. L’Astoria sits in the middle of a line of restaurants and there are plenty of better options – in fact all six of the others in which we ate during our holiday were miles better than this place. Try Les Zoulous next door – it has better food, friendlier service and lower prices. And there were several other places in which we dined well.

• Visited July 2013
1 Thank SeaJay9

Edinburgh, Scotland
“Friendly restaurant with a great menu”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 8, 2011

L'Astoria is one of a few restaurants on the quayside of the river Herault in Grau d'Agde. You can choose to eat in the air-conditioned dining room, or (in the summer) on the dining terrace built out over the river. The staff are very friendly, and welcome children.

The menu offers choices from snacks and simpler fare, such as pizza, through to more complex regional dishes, including a good choice of seafood. The service was prompt and helpful, and the food was good and well-presented.

The view from the terrace is nice, and it can be very relaxing just to sit and watch the activity on the river, although it can be noisy if there are a lot of children in!

• Visited June 2011