“Really, it can't be beat!”
Review of Pirate's Den Cafe - CLOSED

Pirate's Den Cafe
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed October 13, 2012

We keep coming back to "Parrot's Pins" again and again. The food does not rival other Nova Scotian restaurants - it blows them out of the water! One of our joys in life is going to the best restaurants and to know that this restaurant is here in Lockeport is a dream come true!

Reviewed October 8, 2012

We are locals but have eaten in many Cafe’s both in Canada and Europe. We have yet to find one that could come up to the "Parrots Pins Cafe". It boggles my mind as to how Keith can come up with so many different dishes and right behind him comes Shelley with a dessert you can`t resist. It is the only place we`ve ever eaten, that starts with a smile, have a meal presented to you that makes you wonder if you should eat it now or admire it for awhile; however we can assure you the aroma will win out and you will delve into it and then enjoy a delicious dessert. We would recommend the "Parrot`s Pins Cafe" to anybody interested in fine dining that compares to none.

1  Thank 123riley
Reviewed October 1, 2012

We are so fortunate to have this wonderful, hidden treasure of a cafe right here in our own back yard. I am a "local" - have been for more than fifty-nine years! While many would comment that small-town living is divisional, insular, vernacular .. perhaps even narrow, I love living small. I am also a "foodie". I love exploring and enjoying good food! I have been a regular patron of The Parrot's Pins since Shelley and Keith first opened their charming cafe seven years ago and continue to be surprised, amazed and pleasantly delighted at their wonderful creations and warm hospitality.
The food is consistently delicious, individually prepared (you can actually watch Chef Keith as he prepares your meal!) and presented in a manner that falls nothing short of an art form. I seldom read a menu because the daily specials, both at lunch and dinner never fail to pique my interest and are always "new". Nothing is ever boring or repetitive at The Parrot's Pins. They offer wonderful and interesting wines and drinks, great appetizers, entrees that would make even the most serious foodie sit up and take notice, desserts which are delectable and ever-changing and interesting, full-bodied coffees. I have never been disappointed with a single thing .. and I do dine often!
Whenever I have guests who are looking for a unique food experience, I take them to The Parrot's Pins and they are always impressed. I recommend this wonderful cafe to family, friends and acquaintances far and near .. highly, and without a moment's hesitation; a hidden treasure in every sense of the word!

Reviewed September 1, 2012

Loved eating here twice while visiting NS. welcoming chef and service. Food is uniquely prepared and presented beautifully. Had lobster and apple pie which was fantastic. worth the trip for great food.

Reviewed August 29, 2012

We have just returned from an absolutely excellent meal at Parrot's Pins in Lockeport. Even our smallest family members (18-months-old and 3 years old) thought dinner was delicious, although I perhaps shouldn't have shared quite so much chocolate pot (to die for!) with the 3-year-old......but as I am not in charge of getting him to go to bed tonight, I guess it doesn't matter, because he loved it too! The food was excellent, comparable to some of the Michelin-starred restaurants we have been to at home in the UK. The halibut was amazing, and I loved the blueberry compote on top. The steak was cooked to perfection. The seasoning of all the food was spot-on, and really enhanced the ingredients, which were so fresh and tasty. The blueberry cheesecake was very indulgent, and as a bit of a chocolate pot connisseur, I have to say it was quite possibly the best I've ever eaten (and I've eaten many!). We won't be back in the area until next summer, but we definitely plan a return visit - and I know my family in Shelburne will be back very soon.