“NO NO NO!”
Review of The White Gull

The White Gull
Ranked #1 of 5 Restaurants in Lockeport
Cuisines: Canadian
Description: Seasonal waterside restaurant offering seafood, sandwiches, burgers, salads etc
Centreville, Canada
“NO NO NO!”
Reviewed June 3, 2013

This place has the best location in Lockeport , is directly on the water and overlooks the fishing fleet . It's squeaky clean with lots of seaside charm. We were served quickly. However, there was no clearly defined parking space and the food was terrible, the worst I have ever eaten on the South Shore.
I had the Lobster Poutine, which is what I normally order when it appears on the menu. The tasteless dish I was served bore no resemblance to Lobster Poutine and consisted of a few tablespoons of lobster floating in a ( barely warm) white sauce instead of the traditional lobster, cream and butter sauce served in South Western Nova Scotia. With high hopes that dessert would make up for the entree, I ordered the coconut cream pie. This turned out to the toughest pastry I have ever tried to eat and topped with meringue, not cream. On a weekend evening we were the only customers. I suppose that speaks volumes. With a new cook this place has the potential to be a huge winner based on its location, atmosphere and cleanliness.

• Visited June 2013
2 Thank digby d

Hampshire, United Kingdom
“All the family had fish-and-chips!”
Reviewed August 29, 2012

We enjoyed an excellent meal of fish-and-chips this week at The White Gull in Lockeport. We were a party of 7 adults and 2 toddlers, and the food was delicious and served quickly - the fish was excellent. Staff were friendly and helpful. Next time we are in the area, we'll definitely eat here again.

• Visited August 2012