“Perfect holiday let for my family!”
other travelers have booked this property
Dining area Living area
Living area
Terrace
Master bedroom
Ensuite bathroom
View from master bedroom (terrace with two sun loungers)
Second bedroom
Second bathroom
View from the second bedroom
Fully fitted kitchen
Duquesa Village
Duquesa marina
Duquesa marina
Beach promenade at Duquesa marina
Blue flag beach at Puerto de la Duquesa
Beautiful views of the countryside just a few minutes walk down the road
Casares, a white town in the hills not far from Duquesa Village
Beautiful walks through fields with wild flowers just behind the urbanisation
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Excellent - based on 1 review

Reviews from our community

1989Emma
Ludlow, United Kingdom
“Perfect holiday let for my family!”
Reviewed October 9, 2013 for a stay in October 2013
person found this review helpful

Wonderful stay!

Customer Service:
This was my first time renting an apartment and naturally I was concerned and anxious about it, however, the service I received from both apartment owner and key holders was excellent and they went the extra mile to ensure a convenient and pleasant stay. The owner also happily answered my questions and fulfilled any requests promptly.
I am unable to comment on deposit return, as I only arrived home yesterday and believe this takes a couple of days to be returned.

Property/Facilities:
The property was exactly as described and that seen in the pictures, offering comfortable beds, soft fluffy towels (including beach towels) and a good variation of kitchen ware (including hygiene essentials).
The view from the balcony was impressive with mountain/sea views and offered a large enough space to entertain friends. I couldn't get over how lovely and quiet it was. We spent many an evening sitting on the balcony looking at the stars and hearing only the sound of crickets.
The apartment is very spacious and the pictures don't do it justice for this. We had friends over, and including us, easily entertained 8, plus a baby.

Family Friendly:
A great family holiday let, including those with infants. I have a 12 month old who made herself right at home. The apartment offers a highchair and protected plug sockets. Unfortunately, the apartment doesn't offer a travel cot, so instead we took our own. You can rent one from the complex at an additional fee, however, if you're trying to keep costs down as much as possible then this is an added extra expense. It would be wonderful if the owner invested in their own, that way it would be a complete perfect package for those with young children.
The furniture is wipe clean... perfect for those sticky finger moments and the apartment doesn't have ornaments etc that can accidently be easily broken by children.
The complex is also gated with a guard on watch 24 hours, so reasonably safe for older children to play outside.
There are lots of swimming pools, including one right outside the apartment's kitchen/utility window, so you are able to keep an eye on them.
The beach is also a lovely place to take the children as it offers a small play park and isn't too big either, another bonus when keeping look out.

Location:
I loved the location as it was so quiet and close by to friends, but you do need a car to get out and about. You can walk to the port, but being lazy, I wouldn't like to walk up the big hill back to the apartment after an evening out.
There are plenty of restaurants and cafes to choose from in La Duquesa and good days out. We visited Estepona, Marbella and Mijas. I would definitely recommend Mijas... a Spanish delight, offering donkey/horse and cart rides and a spectacular view! Gibraltar is also a stone throw away if you fancy visiting the monkeys.

Summery:
We thoroughly enjoyed our stay here and should we plan to visit again, we would check out the apartments availability. I would most definitely recommend this holiday apartment for anyone looking for a family friendly, clean, modern, affordable place to stay.

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: The owner and key holder making us feel so welcome and going the extra mile.
Liked least: A car is essential.
Traveling group: Young Children
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
Recommended for:
Friends getaway Older travelers
Families with young children
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a vacation rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travelers
Set up your free listing