All reviews food court ski school ski rental train station echigo yuzawa station night skiing rooms are decent massive hotel direct bus twin bed room direct view skiing resort hotel guests family room kids area bad weather convenient store
Reviewed February 11, 2014

Firstly, it is a great location. Very cool to walk straight out to the gondola and nice view at night. There are really good facilities for kids here, especially the ski school. That said.....
I think they're a bit cheeky with what they are charging customers because it is pretty shabby. The couch in my twin room should have had the covers changed about 10 years ago and the carpet looked like somebody had been murdered on it. Big dark stain surely reminded me of "The Shining". The night meal included in the cost was tasty but too small. We needed a late night snack to make up for it. I guess the only way to make money on this monstrosity is to cut maintenance. Hoping for improvement.

Room tip: Try not to choose building number 6. It's a little far.
Date of stay: February 2014
  • Trip type: Traveled with friends
2  Thank Stephen M
Reviewed February 2, 2014

We hesitated a bit to book this hotel as most reviews confirm this is an older hotel in need of renovation. This is correct but we did not bother too much and had a fantastic stay. The location is really fantastic. Directly st the ski lifts with a practical locker for each room and ski rental in the lobby. Add the free shuttle bus from the train station and you can concentrate on fun, family time, skiing without any hassle.
We booked the cheapest room (19m2, view on the parking lot). Room was old, tiny and the beds where old (worn out). It was big enough to fit a baby cot, warm, well working shower, silent = all we needed at a fair price (Y 11,500/night = EUR 75). We can not complain at this price.
We used the daycare for our son a couple of hours. They only speak Japanese but it was great for 2 hours of skiing together. Daycare is really for toddlers (I would say up to 2,5 years old).

We were lucky with great weather and very much fresh snow - we would book this hotel again.

Room tip: Building 3 and 4 seem quite well located. Even the "parking lot" rooms have view on mountains, just not on the ski slope itself.
Date of stay: January 2014
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
1  Thank jvschaik
Reviewed January 14, 2014

I only stayed here due it it's proximity on the mountain as a ski-in, ski-out hotel. For that alone, it's very good. The complex is huge as a number of restaurants down brick corridors with no windows and there really seems to be a strange feeling around the place.... like faded glory and like a ghost-town. Wifi only seems to work in places on the ground floor and the larger restaurant areas are deserted in the evening. The room was a bit of a let down, though sold as non-smoking with non-smoking signs inside the room, it reeked of smoke (from the curtains and furniture) and also very confusingly, there was an ashtray in the room. The furniture and bedding were very dated but as I got this as a special offer, I can't complain too much. If I had to pay full price for this hotel, I think I'd feel a bit disappointed. The staff spoke English tentatively but were helpful when pressed. The Bell captain was very helpful to book my seat on their free shuttle bus (leaves on the hour) back to Echigo-Yuzawa station. The friendliest I'd seen the staff was waving the bus off as we departed. Overall, the hotel is great if you get the special deal and want to be on the mountain. Otherwise, it's probably too creepy and expensive for me to stay again.

Date of stay: January 2014
Trip type: Traveled with friends
1  Thank WhiskyAway
Reviewed December 26, 2013

I visited with my family. My younger daughter was the 1st timer but there was enough room for her
to learn skiing. There were a lot of lessons available but looked a little bit expensive.
Good thing for kids was that the lifts are free if kids are under 12 yo. Snow is excellent and almost no
icey slope. It was quite different from Chicago snow. (Actually it was not snow... Shaved ice.) My older
girl was so excited.
There are 2 ropeways. One is going up to the top of mountain quickly. You will have long way to come
down. The other one is connectted to adjacent another skiing place. This is huge area.

The hotel is quite convenient. You can go down to get your gears then the lifts are in front of you. You can
use your locker don't need to carry your gears at all. There are various restaurants then you can
choose what you want. I took direct bus line which starts from Shinagawa Price Hotel and arrives
in front of check in lounge. It was comfortable, convenient and cheap.

Room tip: Better go to the hotel website directly. You can find various package deal such as rent gear free, adults lifts free, and free meals. Actually I'm very sure those are much cheaper than getting them separately.
Date of stay: December 2013
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
Reviewed December 18, 2013 via mobile

We stayed there for three days. Very helpful and nice staff.
We could rent the ski equipment in the hotel and the mountain Naeba was right behind the hotel. Unfortunately not a lot of tracks were open in early December. But there were two other ski mountains nearby I.e. Futai and Mitsumata. Just 15 minute bus from Naeba. Can also get there from Naeba with Dragondola.
Ski rental and ski lesson were reasonably priced.

Room was clean. Wifi was only available in the lobby.

Good place to stay at if you wanna ski in Naeba!

Date of stay: December 2013
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
2  Thank Zenon Y