See what travelers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed July 15, 2018

We were quite disappointed with our stay at Bay View Hotel. The hotel itself is run down. The room we booked (double room) was advertised as having ocean view, river view and a balcony. It had none of these features. The only view was onto the parking lot. When we asked where the ocean view was, we found out that there is only one room with an ocean view and that this room is very small. The owner could not tell me what size bed is in the room. We couldn’t see the room immediately and were then gone all day, so the promised opportunity to change rooms never materialized.
There is a parking area that would fit several cars directly on the hotel property, within the gates, but we were not allowed to drive in even to unload our luggage. The free parking is in a parking lot behind the hotel that is shared with the neighbouring resort.
The included breakfast consisted of one small cup of coffee or tea, eggs prepared to wish, three slices of toast and some jam. There was no salt and pepper, hot sauce, ketchup or any other condiments. I was presented with a variety of tea bags to choose from and a teapot full of hot water was brought to the table. However, the teapot was taken away again after I had poured myself the first cup – I could not even fill up the small cup a second time using the same tea bag! On top of this, on the second morning my partner asked for a second cup of coffee with milk and was charged $2 for it!
However, the balcony of the restaurant is right over the beach, so at least you can enjoy breakfast with an ocean view.

Date of stay: July 2018
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 2, 2018 via mobile

We went for dinner and drinks on a Sunday night. Great ocean front table. Beautiful sea views. Cools ocean breeze. Service was really good. Drinks were really good. Price was good. Bucket of beer (6) for $12. Really good price considering the great ocean front setting. We did not stay at this hotel, so I have no info on rooms. But, the property looked nice with a decent pool.

Date of stay: April 2018
2  Thank Joefromphx
Reviewed February 10, 2018

Nice sea view from the terrasse, nice swimming pool area to relax.. That's it !
The hotel and room were quite clean but not maintained at all (some parts of the terrasse were destroyed and left as they were, so with umbrellas and furnitures broken..) and then this place feels really old and not comfy. Disappointing.

Date of stay: February 2018
  • Trip type: Traveled with friends
1  Thank G_Girl_3023
Reviewed September 18, 2017 via mobile

We were looking for a room in El Palmar. They showed us a room which had an old smell and was not good looking for a price of 55$.
We decided only to have lunch, which was only a better fastfood.
We can not really recommand that place.

Date of stay: September 2017
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 27, 2017 via mobile

We spent two nights in this hotel in august: the rooms were basic and wet, and restaurant and breakfast were almost closed. If you have guests, even if you are in low season, you have to offer a good service.
The staff was kind, but I had some problems on a refund with booking.it (I had to change my reservation - free change - and I am still waiting for the refund sonce two months).

Date of stay: August 2017