My husband and I traveled all over Panama for 7 weeks and stayed there for 3 days, this was our second worse place we ever stayed.
The rooms are outdated, the curtains look like they never been washed, oversized that don't open or close,
The furniture in the room is all miss-matched pieces
Air cond. units are falling apart, in the middle of the night a piece falls out and wakes you up
The TV unit is about 20 years old, everything is falling apart, the toilet paper dispenser is there but you can't put the roll in.
The owner live right beside the hotel but they are only interested in $$$$, rooms, food and drinks are seriously overpriced, every weekend they get busloads of locals to have parties .
They charge $ 12 per adult to use the pool which is not a big deal, its dirty.
Some families show up with kids and coolers and the owners makes them take the cooler out of the premises, shame on them they should be worry about fixing the place and been courteous with people not driving business away, they have a great location and could be doing better by lowering the prices and giving people a value for their money.
The only nice person there was the receptionist and she spoke English. There was no place to get ice so we had to ask at the bar and only got half bucket.
Drinks and food are much too expensive, prices meet the high life of a 5 start hotel, the only difference is that this place is a dump.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Bay View Hotel; is a welcoming place, located in the bay of San Carlos, Panama. We are at the mouth of the River Matahogado and waterfront where the rising and setting of the sun and moon, it's a wonderful thing. * Trading for national and international tourism, since 2002. We have been the scene of major sporting events of scientific interest, located in the interior, the solar eclipse in 2005, visit astrologers, technicians Nikon and other companies from Japan,documented in our guestbook. * Living rooms, capacity 70 people. Air conditioning, wifi, podium and sound. Additional equipment projector, data / etc show. * Corporate events - Spend Days - Day use * Weddings and Fifteen-years * Adventures in beach - Volley Ball - Fishing day * Tours to tourist sites, located at 30 and 50 minutes away. Regards tourism... ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Priceline, Expedia, Travelocity, Orbitz and Hotwire so you can book your Bay View Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Bay View Hotel San Carlos
- Bay View Hotel Panama/San Carlos