All reviews surf school two nights food was great would stay here again cold beer owners are super friendly hot water nice place small hotel in december special place el valle get away few steps air conditioner love this place panama
Selected filters
Reviewed April 3, 2018 via mobile

This place was next to another hotel that was on the water. The Manglar lodge is just behind it. So you can walk to the beach fairly quickly. We were also walking distance from the Panama surf school- which was great.

Parking was free. This area has a lot of residences & we were told it’s the weekend getaway area for locals.

There are only 4 rooms at the lodge. Ours was a good size & the shower was extra large. There is minimal bathroom counter space- just a small above sink shelf.

The beds were so firm I ended up making a pad out of pillows & sleeping on those.

The TV had a decent selection of English programs & even had on demand movies for free on HBO.

They do have Wifi but it is so slow my husband found his cell signal was faster.

We stayed 3 nights but the room was only cleaned once. The towels were replaced but we never got new soap. Plus you don’t get any hand towels- just bath towels.

We ate at the restaurant twice due to there not being a lot within walking distance. The food was good! However, the first night we were there, after an hour of waiting for our food we asked where it was- turns out the guy cooking was never told we ordered.

Overall this is an OK place. At least they had a bar!

Date of stay: April 2018
Reviewed April 3, 2018 via mobile

We stayed at Manglar Lodge for three nights. The place is relatively easy to find via Google Maps. Property is small and only has four rooms. Rooms are very basic and very worn out, but everything worked. Think one step above a hostel. There is no pool and the lodge is not on the beach. The restaurant is decent, but the first time we ate there the food took over one hour. And we were the only people there!! I think there was some serious miscommunication by the staff. Food was average. I ordered their Gouda burger and it literally fell apart in my hands as soon as I tried to eat it. Tasted ok, but I had to fork and knife it from the start. The Lodge is close to the beach and some really good surf lessons at Panama Surf School. Overall, the Lodge is adequate at best and I don’t think I would ever stay there again if in the area. It really is not that cheap and I think I would prefer to stay somewhere with a water view and a pool.

Date of stay: April 2018
Reviewed February 14, 2018

This is just a small hotel but has a great feel to it. The rooms were neat and clean. The air conditioning worked just fine. And the owners went out of their way to make us feel welcome. They both speak very good English, if that’s important to you. Yes there’s some things that need to be done as far as maintenance, but your in South America for gods sakes. This isn’t the Waldorf in downtown New York.
Both meals that we had at the hotel we’re very good and we noticed quite a few people from the hotel next door (they have a restaurant as well) coming over to eat.
My wife and I both said that we would stay here again.

Date of stay: February 2018
Reviewed December 30, 2017

This is my third time I stayed at Manglar Lodge. I usually come in December to take a little break from theNew York winter. The place is nicely run by their owners which were there most of the time helping us with all kind of info to move around.

The room is nice as clean as usual, food was great also and the weather was beautiful nice and sunny.

Room tip: owners are great people and they will help you
Date of stay: December 2017
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed December 28, 2017

Absolutely lovely! a true get away from it all experience! Great menu! Panama needs to be traveled and this was a great stop on our way back to El Valle ! highly recommend!! thanks for yours attention

Date of stay: November 2017