Pentre Arms Hotel
  • Breakfast included
$143
Conrah Hotel(Aberystwyth)(Great Value!)
Priceline
All reviewsthe pubpicture windowparking is limitedcoastal pathate herelarge portionssea bassstunning locationdog friendly pubwalking tripvisitors and localsplaicespecials boardgarlic mushroomsfamily mealmadras currylocal beach
Reviewed January 15, 2012

Just popped in for a swift half and found the bar man to be pleasant and attentive. The pub was very clean and well looked after. The owners obviously take pride and have an eye for detail. Wonderful location over looking the sea. I could have stayed all day! Beer was excellent and our little Westie was made welcome (very rare in Britain as we have forgotten we are supposed to be a nation of dog lovers)
I asked if dogs were allowed in the bedrooms and yes they are. We are serously thinking of coming here to stay
Over all very pleasant

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled as a couple
4  Thank 444westie
Reviewed January 11, 2012

Stayed here for a night between the Xmas/New Year period as I was driving through Wales to meet up with friends for New Year. Llangrannog is a beautiful coastal village and a great place to drop anchor at any time of the year. The Pentre Arms is the only pub in the village to offer accommodation. The pub itself is a no-frills local pub, which is absolutely fine if you like that sort of thing (I do) but probably not advisable if you are looking for somewhere romantic/relaxing - it is essentially a good local boozer in an idylic location with rooms above it.

My room was fairly basic, not even an en suite but spacious with a flat-screen TV, twin beds and a sink. The toilets and showers were nearby and were all clean. I don't think it was very full when we stayed, so queueing wasn't an issue in the morning but might be at peak season. So all in all, a comfortable if basic stay - but at £45 a night (and that was between two of us) it really is as good as can be expected. All the staff were very welcoming and it proved to be an excellent place to lay our heads for the night.

My only minor gripe would be the quality of the breakfast - very cheap/poor quality sausages and bacon which let it down somewhat. That said, at the price, again I can't complain but would rather have paid a little more for the room and have that refelcted in the quality of the breakfast.

Room Tip: I would recommend going for an en suite room if available.
  • Stayed: December 2011, traveled with friends
1  Thank Hambon
Reviewed September 19, 2011

Went for a meal to this pub, set in idyllic surroundings of a beautiful little secluded bay....a real piece of paradise! Nice home cooked meal, we ate the vegetarian lasagne and steak, both were very nice. Good value and a nice local pub with a good selection of drinks. i would recommend this quaint little pub.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 18, 2011

I stayed at this hotel whilst walking The Ceredigion Way long distance path. It ideally located right on route, my room, a single en-suite was very modern,clean and comfortable. I had an excellent evening meal in the restaurant. Breakfast was also excellent. All in all good value for money

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled with friends
Reviewed January 31, 2011

The rooms at the Pentre Arms are good value for money. For a bit extra you get the seaview, but you can stay on a budget without that extra. The room we stayed in was ensuite and very clean and quiet. The breakfast is full English and it's a friendly place to stay. It is right on the beach, so couldn't be in a better location.

• Stayed: January 2011, traveled as a couple