“Friendly, leisurely - value for money”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Marple
Springfield Hotel Marple
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Marple
Reviewed December 20, 2009

I stayed at the Springfield with my 8 year old Grand-son.

We had an en-suite twin room which was immaculately clean, very comfortable and
overlooked Marple Memorial Park.

It is a family run hotel and very well managed without detracting from its
family atmosphere. The owners Elaine & Kevin are very responsive to their guests
needs. For example, when Kevin realised that I was walking to the train
station with both George and my luggage in the rain he insisted on taking us
there in his car. It's only a two/three minute journey by car but these things
count. Can you see the manager of a big hotel doing that?

What really impressed me was the breakfast. The variety of food on display would
put many so called "Luxury Hotels" to shame. Other guests told me that the
Springfield "Full English" is quite famous in the area, but when I saw the
smoked salmon and scrambled eggs it looked lovely and something different for a
change, it was tremendous. George loved his child sized "full English" - we
were set up for the day!

I will definitely stay here again and I would recommend it to anyone.

Carol, Sale, Cheshire

Stayed: November 2009, traveled with family

Reviewed May 10, 2009

Just stayed at the Springfield - room was great with a newly refurbished large bathroom. Great value for money.

Kevin and Elaine made us feel like one of the family, with such attention to detail. Nothing was to much trouble for this friendly couple.

Superb breakfast, with no end of choice (all freshly cooked and served at your table). We will definitely be returning in the near future.

• Stayed: May 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 9, 2008

We recently stayed at The Springfield Hotel with our 20 month old son.

Our stay was by accident really as it was the first hotel we contacted in Stockport that readily accepted babies without any question. One hotel actually asked me ( I won't name it) "is he a messy eater" - I thought he's a baby!

Anyway they didn't ask anything like that at the Springfield. When I asked did they take babies they just said "yes".

The hotel is in Marple - a lovely location just on the edge of the peak district. It is immaculately clean and our room was spacious and comfortable. They provided a travel cot in the room and a high chair in the dining room., so Alex was well catered for. It is a family run hotel and the owners, Kevin and Elaine are very much hands on - nothing is too much trouble for them. The staff are very genuinely friendly and helpful. It has a lovely, homely, atmosphere and it is almost like staying in somebody's big house and not in a hotel.

The most amazing thing about the Springfield is the breakfast menu. This menu would put most big hotels to shame. Everything is cooked there and then on the premises and is all from fresh ingredients which are locally sourced. As well as a full English breakfast (including the offer of black-pudding) you can have smoked salmon, crumpets, ham, cheeses, cereal, strawberries,bilberries,blueberries, omelettes,kippers- I'm sure there was more - there was such a variety!

It was a great find, I would certainly stay there again and would recommend it to anybody.

• Stayed: September 2008, traveled with family
Reviewed October 5, 2008

Stayed here for one night on the 20th september. We found the hotel very nice for an overnight stay. The owners were away on holiday, but the hotel was being looked after by another couple who were very welcoming and very friendly.

We enjoyed our stay and would reurn to this hotel if visiting the area again.

Stayed: September 2008
Reviewed September 6, 2008

I've been coming to Manchester on business for 2 years. I used to stay in one of two city centre hotels, the hotels themselves are okay, but like most city centre hotels are a bit sterile.

I discovered Marple quite by accident, it's quite amazing that it is only 20min approx from the centre of Manchester, the difference is also amazing, we all know what Manchester is but in Marple it's like being in the country. There is only one hotel in Marple, ( The Springfield) so you are stuck for choice really.

The Springfield is a small family run hotel and I must say that it is excellent in every way. The owners Kevin and Elaine are very hands on - nothing is too much trouble. You feel as if you are really welcome there. The gardener is a bit surly ( but he's a gardener) but the rest of the staff are happy and smiling. The place is immaculate, the beds are comfortable and there is a lovely atmosphere, especially in the dining room in the morning, Kevin is a bit of a wit, and his asides and comments whilst serving you your breakfast are a delight. The breakfasts are tremendous, freshly cooked on the spot , all local free range ingredients, non of you city centre bain marie luke- warm presentation.

All in all I feel as if I have found a little gem, station five minutes away, and country pubs five minutes away , shops and restaraunts , and the most stunning country side imaginable.

The only regret I have about the Springfield is that sometimes my business in Manchester is short notice and I know that may not be able to book into the Springfield.

Stayed: August 2008
1  Thank florapope
Reviewed August 10, 2008

I recently stayed here several days on business. The hotel is easy to find as it is directly on the main road (A626?). Its located across from a park and several pubs were within walking distance. The train station is fairly close as well but it would be a bit of a hike. The hotel itself has a nice yard and garden. There is a small car park. There is a series of canal locks nearby that make an excellent walkabout destination.

The hotel itself is well decorated and clean. The owners Kevin and Elaine are onsite and will go out of their way to make you comfortable. Breakfast is either a cooked English breakfast or cereal. There is a small room set up as a pub but we did not use it. Kevin is a friendly guy, knows all the local resturants and pubs and will give recommendations. The hotel has free wireless internet access, a big plus for business travellers.

As this is a converted house, there is no lift. Kevin will help with the luggage, however. The rooms are small. I found the en-suite bathroom very cramped. Bed was ok. There was a TV with lots of channels. The room I had faced the street and there was traffic noise until around 11 PM. There is no air conditioning so you leave the window open (hence the noise). Note that there is a radiator in the room for the winter. I noted some of the rooms have a bit of a mildew odor, so check out the individual room before checking in if this is an issue for you.

All in all, it was like staying at a relatives house. Nice down-home feel but a few minor issues like a small room and bathroom.

• Stayed: August 2008, traveled on business
Reviewed July 19, 2008

I recently stayed here on trip to the Peak District. The hotel was in a lovely spot and easily accessible from the motorways and was nice and easy to find by road.

First impressions from the website were that it was a small place (with only ten rooms). As I usually stay in city centre hotels I was a little apprehensive about staying here. How wrong I was. The owners, Kevin and Elaine, leave nothing to chance. As their website suggested, their attention to detail is second to none. All of the public rooms are very tastefully decorated and furnished to an excellent standard and are all spotlessly clean. Breakfasts were simply superb and the friendly owners will pander to your requirements even if you are as fussy as me. Nothing was too much to ask.

My room was very nice with a comfy big bed, a nice TV with loads of choice of channels, good tea and coffee making facilities and a very clean on-suite bathroom. I had three very enjoyable nights stay here. The hotels location on the edge of the Peak District and within easy reach of the whole of the North West is perfect as a base for exploring or as a temporary office (my room had broadband access).

• Stayed: July 2008, traveled as a couple
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Also consider these accommodations in or near Marple
Bredbury Hall Hotel
Didsbury House
#7 of 120 in Manchester
Premier Inn Stockport South Hotel
Premier Inn Stockport Central Hotel

Been to Springfield Hotel Marple? Share your experiences!