“Everything was fine - But what the problem of giving us a free and working WIFI???”

Club Med Arcs Extreme
Ranked #6 of 17 Hotels in Les Arcs
Reviewed April 26, 2014

This was our getaway after celebrating our wedding.
It was fun, the club med was ok (small rooms the club need remodeling - fast!!!!), the staff was very friendly and wanted to help.
BUT - i can't understand why the club med WIFI is so Horrible!!!!!????
I needed to pay extra 20 euro for a third-party wifi!!!!!

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
3 Thank Jewelihi

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (36)
  • Hebrew first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Tel Aviv, Israel
Reviewed March 22, 2014

Soon we leave once again for Club Med Arc Extreme - it must be our fifth time - I can't think of a better vacation. What makes it so special is the amazing staff - they are so genuinely nice and happy to see us - it just gives us a great feeling - every member of staff in every area of the hotel - chambermaids, reception, bar, restaurant, ski room - gives the warmest welcome and will do everything they can to help you and make you feel at home. Leading the team is the charming charismatic chef de village Stephanie - she is everywhere greeting you when you come in - in the restaurant wandering around with her great smile - on the ski slopes waving you off and then starring in the show at night - endless positive energy. Add to this the great food and great skiing - for sure value for money - for us this is our dream vacation.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Mandi S
Reviewed March 11, 2014 via mobile

The conditions at Les arcs were great, the snow amazing, even the ski school was good (except for the very poor English of the instructor) but since Les Arc has no Apre Ski, the club itself was a big disappointment. Old hotel, small rooms and the hotel guests were either French teenagers or their old parents. We (group of ~30 year olds) were quite disappointed at the evening entertainment there.

Stayed February 2014, traveled with friends
2 Thank Omersharar
ClubMedUK_official, Guest Relations Manager at Club Med Arcs Extreme, responded to this review, March 21, 2014
We would like to thank you for your comments about the overall aspect of the Resort. We regret you were dissapointed with some aspects of our resort, such as the hotel decoration.
We can assure you that those comments have been forwarded to the relevant departments within our organisation for their perusal. It is only with constructive criticism from loyal customers such as you that Club Med will be able to improve its offer in all its resorts worldwide.
We hope to see you again soon in one of our Resorts”
Sheffield, United Kingdom
Reviewed March 3, 2014 via mobile

We have stayed in a few club med ski resorts and although we knew this one was a 3 star resort it is in need of a refurbishment.
The chairs In the bar area and theatre area need replacement they are dirty, full of cigarette burns and holes.
The drinks selections are very good in the bar areas. Although tea with milk (not just herbal teas) would have been nice to be able to access through the day and evening.
The meals are in true club med buffet style with a massive selection, although meat was very rare and also so were eggs in the morning. One particular chef was simply serving rare eggs at breakfast with runny whites as well as yolks. The salads at lunch and dinner were very nice and there is always a large selection of food options.
The club bedrooms are very small and basic. The toilet and shower rooms (separate) are tiny and quite dated looking. Although the water pressure and temperature in the showers is brilliant. The beds are not changed daily in fact ours were not changed all week and I did have a blood stain on my duvet cover which was not my blood.
Only 1 bottle of water in provided in the room in a 24 hour period which is not enough when you have been skiing all day and need a drink. When we asked for more water it depended who was on reception if you got a bottle, some of the staff refused saying it was for staff consumption. The fire in the rooms worked well for the chilly nights on a thermostat.
Not much in the village for those wanting a walk round but a short gondola (called cabriolet) takes you down to arc 1950, which is a very picturesque town and worth a visit, you can also ski though it.
The lifts in the hotel are slow and very old. There are also a lot of stairs in this hotel, 2 flights to the restaurant followed by another to the ski room and 2 sets to reception and the lifts to the rooms, something to bear in mind if you have people who may struggle.
The boot room does not have lockers like in other club med resorts so if you have your own ski boots they will just be out for anyone to take. The only locking mechanism is on the ski racks separate to the boot area.
I would suggest this hotel makes more of the balcony above the ski room with a few chairs to sit out as when the sun shines it is a little sun trap and nice to look out over the slopes.
From the bedroom there is no view of the slopes.
You can ski out of the hotel but the 1 button lift to take you up to the slopes is very slow and therefore has a massive que in the mornings when all the ski schools set off. The other option is to walk to the village approx 2 mins and get one of the other lifts. Skiing in to the hotel is possible.
A member of our party was ill while we were there and the reception said there was no doctor to see him unless we went to arcs 1950 or called an ambulance so this was not ideal.
All in all, we had a great holiday but I would not choose to stay in this club med resort again due to the shabby appearance and need for a revamp.

Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
3 Thank sarahchris16
Thank you very much for writing this review on Trip Advisor after your stay in our Club Med Arcs Extreme Resort. We are glad to read that you had an enjoyable ski experience with us. We have noted you were not satisfied with some aspects of our resort, such as the current decoration and room amenities.We can reassure that your feedback is taken very seriously indeed and it has been addressed to the relevant departments within our company for their attention.
We hope to see you soon in one of our Resorts where we are certain your experience will be wholly satisfactory.
Reviewed March 1, 2014 via mobile

10 of us stayed here in February 2014. Looking at some reviews on here I'm frankly amazed that some people don't like it. Yes some of the public places such as hallways could do with a facelift but the rooms were very good. They were slightly on the small side for some of the party but my wife and I were lucky enough to be in a family room with an extra bed and more room.

Food in the hotel was consistently excellent all week, with large selections of food for breakfast, lunch and dinner. The only downside was the second restaurant where you could book in and choose from the hot rock, fondue or special burger. We chose a mixture of fondue and hot rock and unfortunately the standard was poor compared to the buffet restaurant.

As usual with all inclusives there was plant of drink options. The wine served in the buffet was restaurant was very good and unlimited, all other drinks were local brands but were all fine.

In terms of value for money I couldn't fault Les Arcs Extreme. We chose a package which included flights and with lift passes, food, drink, ski/snowboard lessons and transfers all included I struggle to see what more you could want.

The only downside for me is a that there is only a limited weights room and no jacuzzi or hot tub which you often expect in ski resorts. As such, I'll knock one star off.

Overall - excellent value for money and would definitely return

Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
2 Thank Jameshart7
Tadworth, United Kingdom
Reviewed February 21, 2014

I agree with a lot of the reviews I read before I departed. The hotel facilities are tired. Silly things like the furniture in the bar area and the restaurant need tightening as they can feel like they're going to fall apart when you sit on them.
The reception staff were very helpful. The bar staff were friendly when you made an effort to talk to them. The majority of the restaurant staff were generally quite moody in my opinion.
The food selection in the restaurant is to be expected in other Club Med hotels with a vast array of food to satisfy anyones appetite.
The snowboard instructor I had called Olivier was excellent and really helped my technique especially off piste.
I injured myself on the third day of snowboarding and if not skiing/snowboarding it's very limiting to what you can do in the surrounding areas.
Overall we had a good time. I'd like to snowboard in the area again but I wouldn't rush back to this particular Club Med which is a shame as I would to other Club Med hotels that I've been to.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
3 Thank bruce_cleaver
Reviewed February 8, 2014 via mobile

The premise is very basic and needs renovation. The rooms are very small, beds are falling apart.
WiFi service although it is free is bad. Works only at some places in the resturant and at one specific part of the lobby.
There is a wide selection of food but the quality is medium.
Ski training is by ESF and we had a great instructor.
My wife was injured at the begining of the week and there is no much to do if you are not skiing.

Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple