The slopes are amazing and cater for all levels. So much off piste skiing too. Great fun through all the trees. Hardly any queues in January. Lifts are a bit slow though. The other side of the unlimited pass was about an hours' ski or so. Plus, after the cable car, quite a few lifts to get into the other town but their slopes are nowhere near as long or good so next time I'd probably just get the local pass, or the pass that has one day access for the cable care across the valley.
The hotel is ski in and ski out right to the door! Yes, ski out is far easier but this was only my second time skiing and I only fell over on the ski in on the first day in and we had poor conditions for the first 3 days.
The room is a reasonable size for 2. The t.v. has no English channels but it has an hdmi output if you've brought your laptop. The bed is a quite comfortable easy-to-pullout. The bed did smell a bit and was old and worn but we slept well. We didn't hear a single other guest the whole week as our room was at the end of the corridor.
The kitchen had four, quite powerful, electric hobs, not a ceramic hotplate, so no waiting around. If you're willing to play with the microwave it can be used as a grill. You select the type of food, (e.g. pork, beef, veg) then the weight and hey presto. It's not perfect but better quality cooking than if I went to my Gran's.
The supermarket 10 minutes down some stairs sells daily cooked sides, such as dauphinoise etc so most days we bought a fresh piece of meat and a side and had a nice dinner for a fraction of the price of the restaurants and much better quality. They also did a choice of 2 daily cooked mains which we had only once because we like to cook. It was a delicious honey glazed ham hock. They also had bourguignon, ribs, rabbit etc.
If you're after a snack on the slopes you can't compare our 'fries' to theirs. We ate a lot of them. Lager is about 6euros so not too bad.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A family resort in the heart of the Paradiski Area. Residence located at the foot of the slopes, close to the center and entertainment. Completely renovated, near the forest, comfortable apartments ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Hotwire, Booking.com, Priceline and HotelQuickly so you can book your Pierre & Vacances Residence Le Belmont reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Pierre And Vacances Residence Le Belmont
- Pierre & Vacances Residence Le Belmont Hotel Bourg Saint Maurice