“We will definitely be back!”
Review of Hotel du Golf

Hotel du Golf
Ranked #8 of 17 Hotels in Les Arcs
Reviewed March 12, 2012

Having read some average reviews on this site we were a little apprehensive about what we were to find at the Hotel Du Golf especially regarding the quality and choice of food but we need not have worried. We had a superb time and even our fussiest eater could find something she liked so nobody starved. As previously stated the location is perfect, the best I've stayed in at a ski resort and we found the customer service to be outstanding. It was obvious that quality and customer satisfaction is important to the management of this hotel. We found a lovely touch was that the owner would make pancakes and we were offered hot wine or chocolate between 4 and 5pm. However, you have to be quick as they go pretty fast! We also didn't make it back in time on 2 occasions so were disappointed to have missed them, they were scrummy! Entertainment in the bar was good and we were very impressed by the band and singers who gave us a wonderful evening. I also enjoyed the karaoke and even got up to do a number! If there is any room for improvement I would agree about having a hook for the shower and also the boot room lockers could do with some pegs to hang the boots on for drying purposes, but these are minor issues for an otherwise superb hotel. We will definitely return and I wouldn't hesitate to recommend to any of my friends.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Lisa B
There are newer reviews for Hotel du Golf

Reviewed March 4, 2012

Superb location right on the slopes, 100 yards to the ski school meeting point of which 85 yards can be skiid. I stayed here as a solo traveller in February 2012, I couldnt have found the staff more helpful, excellent room, I only ate in the buffet restraunt, but the food was plentyful and also excellent, The only fault I could find is that my room was a little to hot and although the patio door could be opened, smoke from the wood fire then drifted into the rooom, 1 other minor critisism was that the shower over the bath had no where to place the shower head other than 18 inches above the bath which meant you could only shower with one hand, which was a little inconvenient.

Overall, yes I would not hesitate to book the hotel again!

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank PaulGD
Reviewed March 3, 2012

I always find that i only tend to write reviews of hotels i have not been happy with! So i thought it was time to give credit to a great place! Just back yesterday from a weeks skiing in Les arc! fantastic time had by both of us, the staff in hotel du golf could not have done enough to help us or make sure we had a comfortable stay! the buffet breakfast was ideal, just what you need before a day on the slopes & in the evenings you could choose between 3 restaurants, so there was always something to suit everyone! Bruno the restaurant manager was always there to great us and make sure everything was ok! there was also a great live band in the main bar most evenings!
You can literally ski to the door with 3 chair lifts and telecabin within v easy walking distance, and it is ideally situated for ski school access, the meeting point being 50m outside door.
My only recommendation is to take your own hairdryer as you'll be waiting a while trying to dry your hair with the one in the room!

While hotel du golf was fantastic, we did not have the best experience flying to chambery airport, the flight was delayed in air due to weather and eventually diverted to lyon, so we had to be bused to resorts, meaning an extra 8 hrs travel time! While the weather is beyond control, several of the cabin crew said there are continued problems flying in to chambery so i would maybe suggest saving yourself an extra few pounds and flying to geneva!

All in all a great holiday & will definitely return to hotel du golf again

Room Tip: take your own hairdryer!
  • Stayed: February 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank tina373
Reviewed March 1, 2012

The de luxe room is the same size but a bit nicer than the ordinary rooms. Bathroom with bathrobe & sleepers, separate WC and a fridge (filled only on 1st day), coffee machine (new capsules every day).
The bed is really confortable. Breakfast food is really good quality : the cereals are kellogs (not low cost equivalent), and there is a good choice of everything with show cooking for the eggs, etc. We had booked half board and must say that the evening food was very good too.

Staff are helpfull. I used the pool & spa (which is rather small) but for me it was great because I went in the morning so I was on my own (in the evening it is packed as everyone is back from skiing)

The only issue which could matter to some people is the distance between some of the end of corridor rooms and the reception area which is a long walk.

Room Tip: If you don't like to walk, ask for a room close to the reception
  • Stayed: February 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed February 25, 2012

We stayed here last week on a Crystal ski hol, 1/2 board.
For location, access to lifts, and kids areas, then on this alone you should book this hotel.
The Hotel has the potential to be much better but is let down by the rather variable standard and selection of food/ restaurant services. It is only 3star in the Crystal brochure so remember that rating doesn't take into account it's location.
The bar was expensive but service was good and it felt cosy, with a live jazz quartet most evenings.
Some of the hotel staff were really good at customer service whilst some other young staff couldnt care less. It was clear that some effort had been put into getting the staff to engage with guests but somehow it didn't all fit together at times.
Rooms were comfortable and well-appointed in the quirky french style that we are accustomed to, but a kettle in the room along with a selection of soaps etc would have made all the difference.
Crystal reps Ellen and Ellis were doing the job because they enjoyed it and that was clearly evident. Getting guests to and from the different locations on resort was a logistical nightmare and this along with the French (Parisian for our week) half- term was delaying transfers.....they should have made this clear to us on arrival and we would have understood and accepted some of the delays we experienced. The hotel kept the restaurant open later for the delayed arrivals which was a nice touch.
Truly ski-in ski-out with direct access into a Ski-Set hire shop from the locker room means no miserable trek into town with kids to get everyone kitted out.
Overall, this was a good holiday because Les Arcs is so good for us average skiers and Le Golf is trying hard to deliver the level of customer service we all have now come to expect.

• Stayed: February 2012
1  Thank Pilchardo
Reviewed February 17, 2012

Stayed here last week with my partner on a weeks ski trip, half board. You have three restaurants to choose from (although you need to book a day in advance for 2). Food is not amazing but its good. The rooms are clean but are a little dated. We found the staff to be really good and attentive, and we felt very comfortable here. Its right next to the lifts so thats great, and also there is a locker room for your skis which is handy and takes you straight out to the slopes. Its also in the middle of the resort so its close to everything. I found it to be a little noisy at night, but our room was at the start of the corridor close to reception so perhaps it will be a little quieter further down. There is also free wi-fi and access to PC's should you need them. I would definately stay here if i was to return to Les Arcs. Happy memories :)

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 15, 2012

I stayed here with three friends last week and must say that overall the hotel was comfortable, clean and the staff very helpful, we were half board and the breakfast was fine, if somewhat typical, the hotel restaurant was very good ( as a paying customer). Things got a bit hectic when the half-term mob arrived on Saturday and the ski locker rooms could have been a little larger, but I cannot complain any more than that.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled with friends