We have been to Shiga 3 of the last 4 years and each time have stayed at the Prince East. The location of the hotel is exception with a gondola and a covered quad at the door. The rooms are ok size and in keeping with others we have stayed in throughout Japan. Clean but the viewws are something special from every room. Staff are fantastic - I got croook for about a week and they staff were so worried they insited taking me off the mountain to the hospital. They nor the management would take nothing for their time and were fantastic.
There is a restaurant at the east building while more buffet style at the west. If you are planning to eat in the hotel I would suggest taking the meal option for at least a few fays but it is definately worth talking to a few others about options in say Ichinose - a couple of great little finds there - just make sure you check the last bus back which can be pretty early or you are in for a long walk.
This isn't like Hakuba. There is no McDonalds, no 7Eleven - just awesome snow and great locals.
Like most ski resorts we have stayed in - Japan, States and Canada - they tend to plough early in the morning at the front of the hotel Take plugs.
The only downside if youa re not a family - the bat doesn't really open at normal or regular times. Might changes as westerns keep going there.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Taken as a whole, the Shiga Kogen region is quite possibly the largest ski and snowboard resort area in the world. The area is located to the northeast of Nagano City, about 40 minutes out. The Shiga Kogen Prince Hotel is located at the base of the excellent Yakebitaiyama resort and has a variety of different plans and packages for skiers of all levels. The most popular is the "All-in-1 Pack," which includes breakfast and a one-day lift ticket. The resort hotel has a total of 690 comfortable rooms in three separate wings (100 in the East Wing, 240 in the South Wing and 350 in the West Wing). All provide easy access to the lifts and slopes. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Priceline, Fastbooking, Rakuten and Agoda so you can book your Shiga Kogen Prince Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Prince Hotel Chubu
- Yamanouchi-Machi Prince Hotel
- Prince Hotel Yamanouchi Machi
- Shiga Kogen Prince Hotel Japan/Yamanouchi-Machi, Nagano Prefecture