Tripadvisor

“Hakko-tori ”
Review of Hakko Yamanouchi

Hakko Yamanouchi
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Many people will come to this part of town in winter mainly of the ski resorts nearby.

This restaurant is in this little part of town called Yudanaka Onsen which is just 5mins or less from Yudanaka Station.

They have a variety of craft beers and range of alcoholic drinks you may want.

I went in for dinner, and was very impressed by its country decor. It is bright and very cozy. The staff are young and can speak a little English which makes things easier.

I had the Porter, its a dark beer, which by the way was really good.

I also ordered a spring roll which was wrapped with tofu and seaweed. Healthy and delicious by the way.

Main was a juicy chicken dish, produce of the local, and taste was amazing. I took my time to savour my meal.

Overall experience, yes, definitely will go back if in this part of town again.

Date of visit: January 2020
Write a reviewReviews (66)

Reviewed December 9, 2019 via mobile

We were in this Yudanaka town and looking for food at 2.30 pm. Hakko was the only one opened till 3 pm. There is English translation for the menu and helped us to order our food of choice. I would say the portion is not large and price is average for a restaurant. Staff was very friendly and accommodated us despite staying there past 3 pm. My friend who took the beer said it was very good.

Date of visit: December 2019
Reviewed November 29, 2019 via mobile

Good warm meal locally sourced. Enjoyed our dinner here. Modern twist on Japanese food, but comfy. Mushroom appetizer and au gratin potatoes were amazing. Local sake. Decent prices and great atmosphere and service.

Date of visit: November 2019
Reviewed October 20, 2019

We had 1 lunch and 2 dinner at Hakko.

We discovered the place while visiting the town, and enjoyed the lunch, so we decided to come back. Good food, with daily specials on the blackboard.

They also have many different beers on offer including local specials.

We also had a lot of interactions with the manager and fellow guests which added to the great experience.

If you are in Yamamouchi you have to have at least 1 meal at HAKKO.

Date of visit: October 2019
Reviewed September 26, 2019 via mobile

We went there as I was looking for a change after three weeks of great Japanese food. The food is more western styled and tasty. it would be good quality even in Europe. However despite being the only customers the service was bad. Our waiter who took the orders was not friendly the only smile we got from him was when we payed and left. Credit where it's due he did speak English and the other person bringing the food was much more friendly.

Date of visit: September 2019