“Loved the place”

The Krishna Jungle Resort Kanha
Reviewed July 3, 2012

It was our first anniversary and we decided to visit kanha to celebrate this special occassion. After doing a lot of research and speaking to many hotel managers in Kanha, we decided to book this place. We stayed here for two nights, three days and I have to admit it was a very good stay.

The rooms were neat and clean. The bathroom was clean (thank god..as this is the first thing I check when I go into a hotel room). The hotel staff was so friendly and helpful, that they almost made us feel as if we were at our home with our relatives. We had taken a safari package, which included safaris for 2 days + breakfast + lunch + dinner.
The hotel has a swimming pool and nice surrounding to spend your free time. A river flows next to the hotel, where you can spend time. Extremely calm and serene.

When we went to for our safari, there was a jeep exclusively for me and my husband. They picked us up early morning at 5.45am from the hotel and took us to the national park. Driver got the tickets for us, so we didn't had to even step down from the jeep. No hassles for us :)

It was raining when we were in Kanha. but luckily we spotted a tiger and that too with its kill :) :) we were so so very excited. The hotel fellows had packed the breakfast for us and sent it with the driver. So in between we stopped and has breakfast It was nicely packed with aluminium foil and kept in the basket. There were fruits, bread and butter, omlette, juice and aloo parathas. Yum..I just loved it.

Since it was raining heavily again on the second day also (it was our anniversary day), I was pretty depressed. the hotel manager called us and said there was something for us, they had arranged for a cake for us, which was a very sweet gesture on their behalf and there were around 15 people (hotel staff) waiting for us to cut the cake. We all celebrated it together. They asked us what our favorite dishes were and specially prepared that for us :) Had lots of fun, chat session. the hotel GM had arranged for a bonfire for us in the night, but rain spoiled that also. But what I really appreciate is the effort they took for us. and when it was time for us to leave, they refunded us the money back for the safari that got cancelled. (If they wanted, they could have kept the money, as it was a package that we had opted for!!)

So all in all it was a wonderful trip. Will definitely recommend this place and the next time I am in Kanha, I know where I have to stay!

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank thepeppychic

Reviewed March 7, 2012

stayed here for 3 nights and 4days in the first week of march 2012. A superbly maintained resort. Food was fantastic and staff courteous. The resort is situated within 5mts of the Kanha National Park Gate. Travelers looking for an affordable, clean and no frills place will love this hotel.
Only complaint is most rooms have 2 single beds set beside each other. Not very comfortable as the mattresses tend to separate.

Room Tip: A non a\c room is ideal till last week of march
  • Stayed: March 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank sajjad_bandukwala
Reviewed January 30, 2012

Its realy a wonderful property to stay and gives you the felling of jungle as it is completely designed on jungle theme. Cottages were nice and cosy. Bathrooms were neat and clean.
they had good variety of food in lunch and dinner and it was mouth watering.
Staff was very cooperative.
Overall at was lovely staying there.

Room Tip: go for the cottages if available
  • Stayed: February 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank harsh_jim
Reviewed December 18, 2011

I spent a very memorable and unforgettable time at this lovely Eco friendly resort.The staff including manager were very friendly and helping and the food was very tasty and hygeinic. a great stay by all norms.

Room Tip: all the rooms are independent cottages and every cottage is equally good .
  • Stayed: December 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed September 13, 2011

I stayed at Krishna with my family in Jan 2010 and had a great time. I was a bit apprehensive because this was my first visit to the jungles, but was pleasantly surprised by the facilities provided by Krishna. The entire resort has a great atmosphere keeping in mind the jungle theme. The rooms in thatched cottages were well appointed, lunch & dinner buffets had a good variety of veg & non veg dishes and most importantly the staff were extremely courteous and ever so helpful. They also arranged the morning safaris for us and provided packed breakfast with paranthas that were delicious. Tip - If you are visiting during winter months then please carry enough winter clothes - jackets, caps, scarves, gloves otherwise the ride in an open jeep at 5am will leave you freezing cold. In the evenings, they also lit a fire in the garden and showed us a nice video on Kanha tigers accompanied by tea & snacks. So a big thank you to Vini for making the booking process so smooth - I had called him from UK and he was very prompt in sending all our booking details & confirmations and to all staff at Krishna for a great stay in the jungles. If I have to be critical, then there is only one thing - a bit more attention to the cleanliness of bathrooms would be great. Would definitely come back if we decide to return to Kanha.

• Stayed: January 2011, traveled with family
3  Thank DebbieGUK
Reviewed June 3, 2011

On a scale of 1 to 5, and 5 being the best I will rate the room condition, service, hotel staff and above all food quality and taste at 5. If I have to visit Kanha again I would 200% will stay at Krishna. On top of it they have nice swimming pool, good forest like look.

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed January 14, 2011

The staff seemed they could not do enough for you but the room was very tired e.g. windows did not close and pane of glass missing in bathroom so mosquitoes regular visitors. Jeep safaris in Kanha boring as unable to see through mass of Bamboo most of time

• Stayed: January 2011, traveled as a couple