“A must stay for a true jungle experience!!!”
Review of Kanha Jungle Lodge

Kanha Jungle Lodge
Reviewed March 13, 2013

Perfect Location, nicely built, clean spacious well equipped rooms, excellent staff and service- all the ingredients needed for a perfect stay! It was our visit visit to Kanha or any other wildlife park and it could not have been better! Dimple, Tarun and Jai took excellent care and went out of their way to ensure our stay was comfortable!The food was excellent!! Highly recommend to all age groups to stay here!!

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank RKRDK

Reviewed March 12, 2013

It was a wonderful experience to stay in KJL. Beautiful place,excellent food great hospitality by the staff made our stay wonderful.
It was a honeymoon destination for us and we were not so sure whether it ll meet all our expectations or not.But at kanha jungle lodge we enjoyed a lot.The lodge is located in the buffer zone of the forest which gives a feeling of staying in jungle,moreover the overall interior is made up of wood , decoration made up of stuff collected from the forest, makes it more beautiful and live.We experienced serene, close to nature , beautiful chirping sounds of birds and lot many pleasant things at KJL.
The staff at KJL is very good.They treat customers as a guest.Most interesting and amazing thing i realized that they all are excellent naturalists having great knowledge of all the happenings in forest.We liked the little naturalist 'Jai'.we ll surely miss him.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank aparna227
Reviewed February 26, 2013

I recently visited India for two conferences and also decided to take some time for wildlife viewing, my aim being primarily to see tigers. Good reviews on tripadvisor made me contact Tiger Resorts, and Radhika at Delhi office was most helpful making the reservation - always answering my emails promptly. I was late in making my reservation but due to the efficiency of Tarun and his staff at Kanha Jungle Lodge everything worked out really well.

I was picked up at the airport in Raipur by their driver in the afternoon and after a five hour pleasant (unusual in India!) drive I arrived at the Lodge. I was immediately very pleased with the Lodge and its friendly and laid-back atmosphere. The rooms are absolutely beautiful, as is the whole Lodge. Tarun and Dimple and their staff really made me feel at home while I was staying here!

Jeep drives are twice a day (bring your passport, this is required at the park entrance), early morning and evening. Also recommended is to take some cash to tip the forest guards, according to regulations one forest guard is required to come along in the jeep as one enters the park. You can expect to see a lot of wildlife, including birds, and, if you are lucky, tigers and leopards. Your chances of seeing the latter are quite good, although never guaranteed, and increase with the length of your stay. I stayed in January, which is not the most optimal time for observing the big cats, but did get three tiger sightings in the four days that I stayed there. Kanha Jungle Lodge is situated close to Mukki Gate, and currently the Mukki zone has a lot of tiger activity. The drives are spent looking mostly for tigers, with frequent stops to listen for alarm calls in order to locate the tigers, and also to examine the pugmark impression pads that are cleared every morning (these are are just fields of sand extending a few square feet to each side of the road in strategic places and are raked clear every morning) and also pugmarks along the sides of the road. The quality of the guide driving the jeep is a factor in how likely it is to see tigers, and the guides employed by Kanha Jungle Lodge certainly impressed me with their enthusiasm and their relentless effort to locate tigers. A wonderful tea and breakfast is eaten on the bonnet of the jeep at around ten o'clock. On one of the drives we were lucky enough to see a jungle cat (felis chaus) which caught a chital (spotted deer) fawn (which screamed in terror) before loosing it again! Although I came to primarily see tigers, this was probably my greatest experience during my stay. We also happened on a leopard which had just recently made a kill, but other jeeps got a better view of the leopard, which, although very close to the road, managed to conceal itself quite well in the bushes. Fortunately, park authorities limit the number of jeeps in the park and it thus never feels crowded.

The beauty of the Lodge and the hospitality of the staff is what truly contributed to make the whole experience a magical one for me, and one that I am anxious to repeat in the future!

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled solo
2  Thank Bjorn S
Reviewed December 30, 2012

This is a delightful lodge situated just minutes away from Kanha N/P entrance.
It is very well run , nothing is too much trouble for Dimple and her staff., from constant tea and cookies of great variety to hot water bottles for early morning drives and our beds at night.
One of the best things is the food...delicious and healthy options.
No one in our group suffered from stomach problems at any stage of our trip.
Plenty of diversions were offered in any spare time we had there., which included cookery demos stargazing and nature walks led by Dimples lovely 7 year old son.
Whole-heartily recommended.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with friends
5  Thank logitrek
Reviewed December 10, 2012

After a 4 hour drive I was greeted by Dimples, Tarun and their son as well as the rest of the staff. This made me feel very welcome and at ease. The location of the lodge gives it the real jungle feel. Only after a few minutes, I was shown to the room. The room was very spacious with a king size bed, desk and a bench for luggage. The room was very clean as well. The snacks and dinner were all by a campfire whcih was very nice and gave a campout feel. The food was absolutely wonderful as was the best I had during my 2 week trip. It was full of flavor and just the right spice.

The lodge is located very close the gate which is very nice for the early morning game drive. The day I arrived, the park was closed but a tour to see the flying foxes and a local village festival had been arranged. This was very nice experience.

While there were frequent power outages, the generator came on to restore the power quite quickly. Thank goodness for the morning knock at the door as I was sleeping so good, I slept through my alarm and finally heard the banging at my door.

The lodge is very peaceful and the nightly flying squirrel's are a must see! I hope to visit again some day.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with friends
2  Thank Flyinman
Reviewed November 1, 2012

I booked this lodge after seeing good reviews on tripadvisor and i am very pleased that this turned out to be the right choice.

Ms. Radhika from their Delhi office looked after our bookings and was extremely helpful & co-operative in making bookings & arrangements.

We were a group of 30+ people from Mumbai, We arrived in this super lodge after a very tiring seven hrs. journey from Nagpur. However the moment we entered the lodge a sense of freshness and calmness engulfed us. This lodge is situated in buffer zone of Kanha. Mr. Tarun Bhati, manager of lodge was there to greet us with cold towels & lemonade. We were shown to our spacious, clean and comfortable rooms. Meals were mostly okay, nothing spectacular but nothing bad either. However they were willing to make dishes according to your preferences. Never said no for anything at all. They packed a breakfast for morning safari which was good. Hospitality of this lodge is unmatched. In over 20 years of travel across the world I have seen very few places with this kind of hospitality.

This place lacks a swimming pool which is a must in summers. There are other good properties in vicinity with swimming pool and other modern amenities. However apart from that everything was good.

Kanha is nice beautiful jungle with lots to see. We could take only one morning safari because we could not procure tickets for afternoon safari. Did not get to see the tiger but otherwise it was good experience. Atleast four to five back to back safaris required for better chances of seeing tiger.

The lodge is located near the entrance from the park (Mukki Gate) and is totally recommended

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank sbothra
Reviewed October 6, 2012

In early June 2012 we had 5 nights hosted by Tarun Bhati. A great experience that we can recommend everyone! Because of the season we were the only guests but that did not deter Tarun and his staff to surprise us again and again with a great sense of detail and atmosphere. From chilled water for in the room to cooking lessons in Indian food and even a super romantic surprise dinner with a bunch of candles on our own balcony!
The lodge is really fantastic, the sounds of the animals living in the jungle make it complete. The rooms are comfortable, spacious and clean with again great attention to details such as flashlights and mosquito repellent cream. The lodge is located near the entrance from the park (Mukki Gate) and the tigersafaris are never to be forgotten. We were very lucky to have Vinod as our guide. Not only his impressive knowledge of the park and animal life, but also his personal attention to his guests were very impressive. Thanks to his very good ears and eyes we spotted many tigers and as absolute highlight a family of male, female and 3 cubs of about 18 months (in less than 50 meters away) what has brought us fantastic images. Kanha NP is a beautiful park with, even at the end of summer, lots of green trees. Although tigers definitely are a highlight, the park has many more wonderful things to offer like the sloth bear, leopard, Barasingha and many bird species. After the safari you'll be greeted with a cool towel to refresh and tea and snacks are already waiting for you. Great dinners are served under the stars and Vinod and Tarun joined us to talk about the experiences of that day.
Thanks Vinod and Tarun for the wonderful time you have given us. We hope to see you again.

Jacqueline and Dirk-Jan Steehouwer
The Netherlands

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
3  Thank JacquelineSteehouwer
Tigerresorts, Public Relations Manager at Kanha Jungle Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded October 11, 2012

Thank you for staying with us....It was great to have you and I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay and our hospitality, look forward to seeing you back at the lodge. regards
Radhika, Tarun and Vinod