Tripadvisor
Kanha National Park
Post
Inbox
Search
All reviews jackfruit tree perfect mix basic requirements the cottages digital detox close to home mukki gate wet towels rooms are clean modern comforts kitchen garden jungle stay lip smacking visit this place awesome food last moment home grown
Selected filters
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

We recently stayed in this property for 3 nights. We had a wonderful time. I really liked the entire setup. Rooms are at distance which provides enough space and at the same time you can mix up with other guests in the property during bonfire at night and thus make friends. Food was simple and delicious. Rooms were neat and clean with two toilets attached to the room. Outside every room there is a sitting arrangement where one can sit and listen to birds. This place is good mixture of luxury + rawness of a forest. The staff was very professional and always smiling. Interaction with Saily actually added to our enthusiasm towards forest. She was extremely helpful. Shivam seemed very passionate about astronomy. We couldn't do session with him as it was raining. I would recommend my family and friends this place if they are visiting Kanha!

Date of stay: January 2020
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

We stayed for 2nights at the Camp and never felt like leaving!
The Camp is beautiful with tall grass making you feel as if you are amidst forest. The serenity of this place will leave you spellbound.
The staff is hospitable, service is excellent.
Food is fresh and delicious. The rooms are clean and cozy making it a perfect mix of luxury and rawness.
We did 3 safaris with Saily and it was excellent. We got to see Sloth bear with 2 cubs, Huge Make tiger and lot of flora and fauna!
Already planning my next visit here!

Date of stay: December 2019
Trip type: Traveled with friends
Reviewed December 14, 2019 via mobile

I have been visiting Camp Dev Vilas for the last 3 years, taking many guests, who are used to spend their holidays at 5-star properties in different parts of the world with all the luxuries.
But for them, Camp Dev Vilas changed the complete definition of relaxation and unwinding.
Camp Dev Vilas provides the space which helps unwind and relax not only the body, but the mind and soul as well. The property has all the earthiness, freshness and calmness which provides us with space which helps us to completely shed all the daily stress and enjoy nature in its lap.
Be it the fresh food made from its own organic farm, the evenings in front of the camp fire, the nights under open starlit sky or the misty mornings among the smell of the earth and the natural setup, Camp Dev Vilas makes one feel the essence of being a part of the nature.
The staff is extremely courteous and efficient in maintaining an excellent service. Overall, its always a 5 Star rated for me, as a guest or a travel consultant.

Date of stay: December 2019
Trip type: Traveled on business
Reviewed November 28, 2019

We are into wildlife tour operations and went to Camp Dev Vilas in October 2019, we got a pleasant surprise. From a barren land couple of years back, Anurag has turned this place to a beautiful place, which has tall grass, green trees, and a Butterfly garden. USP of this place is that this place has telescopes and a dedicated astrophysicist who can help you in understanding the universe and Star Grazing. Hospitality and Food was great, staff is courteous and helpful. Rooms are spacious and have unique 2 toilets in 1 room, which we havent seen anywhere else. They also have a organic kitchen garden, just in front of the restaurant. Evening leisure time under a mahua tree is a must to get a feel of this property. I wish Anurag and team a very best for the future.

Room tip: All the rooms offer great view, so ask for the room closer to the Restaurant, as you will have to walk little less.
Date of stay: October 2019
  • Trip type: Traveled on business
Reviewed November 27, 2019 via mobile

After hearing endless praises from my sister, I visited Camp Dev VIlas in November of 2019 with my friend's group, and I was absolutely delighted by the accommodation and the facilities provided! The resort is located in midst of lush green sal forest of Kanha, and was just the detox I and my group wanted after a very noisy and polluted Diwali in Delhi.

For some of my friends, this was the first visit to a national park, and they are absolutely hooked on after our 4 day trip. The rooms were supremely comfortable, food was delicious, the staff was very professional and courteous, and the manager, Saily, was there for us 24x7. She helped us facilitate our last moment safaris and accompanied us into the park on our safaris. Her knowledge of the park and the tigers therein is unreal! I highly recommend that you have her with you on your safaris. Thanks to her we had some amazing sightings. 4 tigers in 4 safaris at a pretty close range!

Overall, we absolutely loved the place! We have already planned our next visit to the beautiful Kanha and the lovely Camp Dev Vilas, and so should you!

Date of stay: November 2019