All reviewsmosaic restaurantsky grillbackwater viewexcellent hotelspecial thanksbusiness triplocal cuisineback watersroom servicecourteous staffcoffee shopbusiness hotelrooms are spaciousbreakfast spreadmain citygreat hospitalityhouse keeping
Reviewed January 4, 2014 via mobile

Simply perfect. I have stayed here for two nights. The Hotel is newly opened and excellent in every way possible.
Atmosphere, food, massage, friendliness, you name it.
I moved to the hotel by chance because I couldn't stand staying in Le Meridien for 10 minutes!! Which was disaster in every thing except friendliness.

Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
SanjayKaushik2013, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Kochi, responded to this reviewResponded January 5, 2014

Thank you for staying with us and for your valuable feedback on Tripadvisor.

It was a great pleasure to serve you and we are happy to learn that you had an enjoyable stay. Your feedback motivates us to keep improving our services to the higher standards.

Reviewed January 2, 2014

Hotel located far from CBD. Foul stench from nearby stagnant lakes permeats the air outside. Poorly maintained gardens and unapealing building internally and externally. However, functional and staff very obliging. Excellent weather Dec/Jan. Uninteresting holiday destination in general

Stayed: January 2014, traveled with family
SanjayKaushik2013, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Kochi, responded to this reviewResponded January 14, 2014

Reviewed December 26, 2013

The pros: I stayed 4 nights at the hotel while on holiday in Kerala. Upon arrival, I was amazed at how beautiful the hotel was and how well decorated it was for the Christmas season with a tree, reindeer display, and Christmas songs. Check in was quick and efficient and the receptionist gave us a discount on breakfast. The room was also spectacular. We were on the 12th floor with a backwater view and WOW what a view! The room is smartly decorated and there is a retractable screen in the bathroom and when open you can see the beautiful view from the bathroom or watch tv. The pool is also quite nice and the restaurants we ate at are of excellent quality. Finally the staff were wonderful. Someone was always around to help you and we literally saw staff running to get us things we asked for in a timely manner.

The cons: Being in Kerala for holiday, the hotel is very far from tourist attractions. With traffic it will take a half hour to get to Fort Cochin. There are no restaurants outside of the hotel within waking distance and it felt incredibly time consuming to go anywhere. Also, the concierge and "travel desk" was not very helpful in helping us sight see. Only after my 3rd visit to the desk asking about tours and trips was I given a brochure of a company that organizes trips. The hotel was also very unhelpful in recommending things to do and couldn't provide us with much information about nearby sights and activities. Finally, the concierge helped us get in taxis and rickshaws and each time they did this, they bargained a rate about twice of what the rate should have been. When we left the hotel on our own and picked up rickshaws on the street we paid considerably less than when the hotel bargained for us (with no bargaining on our end, just the first rate the rickshaw/taxi gave us). Perhaps the concierge gets a commission from the taxis and rickshaws he chooses?

My final recommendation: If you want a beautiful hotel to relax in, this should definitely be your first choice. However, if you want to go out and explore Kochi and the surrounding areas as a tourist, i would recommend staying somewhere closer to Fort Cochin and somewhere with more information on the tourist attractions and companies that organize trips.

Room Tip: Choose a room with a backwater view. You won't regret it!
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple

Reviewed December 26, 2013

A truly splendid Hotel in most aspects. Stayed there for 5 Nights on business in a Deluxe Room and really enjoyed the stay. The ambience is very good, the rooms are very well appointed, the staff are generally pleasant and helpful and the food is pretty good.

Positives:

1. Nice ambience (Lobby)
2. Generally pleasant and helpful-but-not-intrusive staff
3. Beautiful Rooms, spacious and well appointed, very good sleep quality with good pillows, good aircon & plenty of TV channels to choose from
4. Very good Bathroom with a glass partition that ensures you get to watch the TV from anywhere in the bathroom, with speakers inside and a separate volume control (now that's a first)! The glass partition has powered blinds for privacy.
5. Efficient room service
6. Good breakfast & lunch buffet spread (could be better)
7. Nice Spa with good masseurs / masseuses
8. Excellent sea food restaurant "Trilogi" (had dined there earlier - see my earlier review on this Restaurant). Try the assorted sea food platter! Finger licking good!
9. Quick and easy check-out

Negatives:

1. The door-keepers could be more presentable and better attired
2. The check-in was late (despite advance reservations, my room was not ready and had to wait until they could ready it)
3. The breakfast buffet featured the same items every single day and in the same place You can guess what's where blindfolded from the 3rd day forth!). That was sort of boring and repetitive for guests like me who stay more than 2 nights. There should be variations in the daily menu, besides changing the places of the dishes daily to give a feel of freshness
4. The main swimming pool was very far from the Hotel building and one had to walk a long way to reach it. Besides, the access from inside the Hotel is a bit complicated.
5. In-room dining has very limited choices and does not taste so good.
6. My room has inter-connecting facility with the adjoining room. The door in between, though locked, lacks proper sound-proofing and as such, had to put up with the noise sometimes.
7. The waiters in the main Resturant "Mosaic" always seem to be busy and it is difficult to catch hold of one when you need something in between. Male Restaurant Managers are more focused on their female guests, which is a bit of an irritation.
8. Internet is the oxygen for Business travellers like me. But, charging us quite high for that seemed unreasonable. It should have been free with the room (only 30 minutes a day at a stretch is free and that too didn't work from the 3rd day).

Room Tip: Rooms on the higher floors (I stayed on the 12th) facing the backwaters & pool are nice
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business

Reviewed December 24, 2013

After searching several hotels, to take my wife and kids for a Christmas Eve dinner, I finally settled down on choosing Crowne Plaza. I am really happy that I chose this hotel. The staff was really courteous and very helpful with their wonderful attitude. This is one thing which I always look for in hotels. The menu was really wonderful with turkey, pork, rabbit, chicken, beef, fish, etc...... Santa Claus was also there and my small kids were really happy on seeing him. They also got a packet of cake, cookies etc.. from him which made them more happy. The food they served was tasty. The buffet bill was really affordable, coming around Rs. 1400 per person (for kids below 4 years, it is free). On the beverages side, I was slightly disappointed. Only a little wine was served as welcome drink. Expected a juice (of some fruit) to be available, to my dismay there was none. There was an offer of a free bottle with every ordered two bottles of Heineken beer. The music and songs from the solo singer was really wonderful. My kids were dancing to some of the tunes played. In totality, we throughly enjoyed the christmas eve dinner.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family