All reviewsmosaic restaurantsky grillbackwater viewexcellent hotelspecial thanksbusiness triplocal cuisineback watersroom servicecourteous staffcoffee shopbusiness hotelrooms are spaciousbreakfast spreadmain citygreat hospitalityhouse keeping
Reviewed December 14, 2013

I have always been skeptical with many so called five stars including the oberoi in Bangalore who had disappointed me with my basic expectations.

This one, was absolutely impeccable. Let me start with the airport pickup. They were way ahead of time, kept me informed of the driver details via SMS, as soon as i landed, I was escorted into the car.

On arrival, the very warm front office executive made me very comfortable at the lounge rather than at the front desk - this is the first that many others ought to learn this, it is a subtle thing but makes a huge difference especially when you have travelled miles to reach a place. On being seated, the good conversation like as though you are talking to a friend makes you feel like home. I didnt event know when they collected my ID Card and before even I could realize it was back with my room key cards and of course not to forget the exotic welcome drink.

The lifts were swanky new and they have floor based access based on the access card, though i noticed a minor glitch in the implementation i.e once you swipe your card you can access any floor and not just the floor your room is located in.

On getting to my floor and my room opened to a wonderful view of the back waters, I was throughly impressed with their impeccable cleanliness across the property and attention to fine details really swept me off.

The room had a wonderful technology system in place, it had all kinds of connectors that you can think of, so much so that I could even seen an apple TV in their network, but sadly none of their tech staff knew what it was or how to get them over onto the TV. they had a HDMI, VGA, iphone and all sorts of correctors right near the desk.

The Bed was really awesome, so was the bathroom. It was equipped with a wonderful bath tub. The fittings were all swanky new, the hot water system and the pressure was just right. The little compromise that I noticed was the shaving mirror - that was not illuminated. The design, aesthetics and finish was impeccable, the workmanship in tile laying (Iam going all the details as this is one place where I saw flawless execution), steam exhaust i.e your mirrors are still spotless even if you took a hot shower ! I have seen this problem at even some of the finest hotels!

I must mention that the rolling blinds in the bath is a good thought when you open it and lie down in the tub, you can over look the back water from the 12th floor ! that is luxury and bliss. However, the automated motor that was used to do this is a terrible one, it makes a noise that you will feel like jumping off that floor!

Ok, now comes the most important of all, the buffet break fast! The spread truly was royal !! Exceptional service, great taste and a very healthy choicest of varieties.

I just had one small disappointment, despite letting the front office know that I had to wake up at 4am the next day and would be retiring early for the day, someone rings the bell twice for a house keeping at 8:45pm!! That I guess was a spoil sport of all of the finest things that they had done for me :)

Room Tip: Select a one in the 12th floor or above with the view of the back waters
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Mohan-cache
SanjayKaushik2013, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Kochi, responded to this reviewResponded January 5, 2014

Thank you for staying with us and for your valuable feedback on Tripadvisor.

It was a great pleasure to serve you and we are happy to learn that you had an enjoyable stay. Your feedback motivates us to keep improving our services to the higher standards.

Reviewed December 13, 2013

Top quality. Professional service. Well disciplined staff. Awesome buffet. Extremely clean and tidy rooms. Wonderful gym, pool and surroundings.....I cant't see anybody regretting staying at this place...........Truly the best in Kochi!

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank Markos M

Reviewed December 12, 2013

Well, the more I see of the IHG group, the more impressed I am. This Kochi hotel was no exception. It’s a fairly new hotel, and away from the city centre. It is also fairly new, and still in largely pristine condition. It is also large, with backwaters around, with the higher floors getting to enjoy the view.

A tallish hotel, the driveway to the gate is short, and has a neat welcoming feel. The lobby is spacious, and check in desks are to the left as you enter. The check in process itself is smooth, and accompanied by a welcome drink.

The room itself once again exemplifies where the group gets it right – at once spacious, well laid out, and comfortable. Good to excellent – bed, switches, multiple plug points warm water, natural light, tea/ coffee maker, tv, work desk, storage area, iron etc. Washrooms are good too, though not spectacular. Not so great – wifi is chargeable. Did I mention there were complimentary apples and chocolates and sweets – a little touch that is always to welcome!

There are nice gardens and pools – including an infinity one on the second floor. While the seating in the adjoining restaurant makes for a great evening out, unfortunately the pool does not overlook a water body.

There is a spa, and with traditional Kerala massages on offer, though the rates seemed a tad expensive.

Food at the hotel was uniformly great. There are multiple restaurants, and one would tend to overindulge as the range on offer is high indeed. Breakfast choices are extensive and excellent, though for a south India hotel, there could be greater choice of dosas. There’s buffet lunch too, and even more impressive in its spread and quality. Do try some of the local dishes. Trilogi, the specialty restaurant, does ambitious fine dining presentations. Liqour licence is currently for wine and beer.

The hotel has extensive banqueting facilities and the standards are what one would want – efficient, neat, easy to navigate. Multiple halls and meeting rooms offer a number of options. One could see extensive usage, and combined with the neighbouring Meridien, this could well be mini conferencing hub.

Staff and service were uniformly good. What stood out for me – the understated yet excellent aesthetics of the hotel – be it in the rooms, corridors or public areas. Whether in interior design or flower arrangements or the soft shades used throughout, with an occasional elephant or the coconut palm for the local touch, it just added to the pleasure of staying in a well run hotel.

Room Tip: Pool view rooms offer a view of the backwaters as well!
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Suman T

Reviewed December 9, 2013

Had a buffet dinner on our anniversary day. An Asian food festival was going on. Overall they had a fairly good collection. Food was tasty !! The staff was very helpful and offered very good service !!

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank ArunTomas
SanjayKaushik2013, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Kochi, responded to this reviewResponded December 12, 2013

Reviewed December 9, 2013

Stayed here for about a week, Very comfortable rooms, very courteous staff, fab food, well maintained.

The welcome was very warm , thanks to the enthusiastic front office . The overall ambiance is very good and very clean , also given that its a new property. Very responsive and helpful folks at the restaurants and housekeeping.

Will stay there again !

Room Tip: higher floors have a better view. Both city wiew and waterfront view are good .
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business