Le Meridien Cochin was our final stop during our visit to Kerala. We had hoped to stay at one of the older hotels in the quaint town near the Chinese fishing nets but couldn't find a hotel that had connecting rooms that would accomodate our two young kids. So, we decided to go with a traditional hotel that had interconnecting rooms eventhough it was farther out from the sight seeing areas.
We were greeted warmly as with all the other hotels we stayed, and given a very nice lemon drink while we waited to be checked in. The hotel was going through renovations so the area didn't look quite a nice as it could. What struck me most about the hotel was the very strong, musty smell throughout the lobby, hallways and our bedrooms. It was quite unbearable to be honest but not much could be done about it. Not sure if the renovations caused this or not, but it really affected my stay there (the kids weren't bothered and my husband had a bad cold so couldn't smell anything).
Other than the very strong musty smell, we quite enjoyed our stay at Le Meridien. The rooms were nicely decorated, clean and well appointed. The bed linens were clean and crisp, and the bed was comfortable. Our rooms looked out over the pool and the small pond, which was nice. The kids thoroughly enjoyed the three level pool, although it should be upgraded as there were some broken tiles and looked old in general. However, we did enjoy the swim up bar which served some very nice tropical drinks (very expensive but worth it) and chocoloate milk for the kids. We were able to oder a small lunch by the pool each day which was convenient and the kids enjoyed checking out the ducks at the pond. The feel was quite relaxing and laid back, which we all enjoyed.
In the afternoons/early evenings we took the kids to the hotel bar where we could get a drink and the kids could have a small dinner. The wait staff was very friendly and willing to accomodate our requests for the kids. We ordered room service each night while the kids slept, which was overall pretty good. We were able to order a bottle of wine from the bar area earlier on when with the kids and it was delivered when we had dinner. We were a bit shocked at the prices of the wine. The other two hotels we stayed in didn't serve wine as it was against Kerala law, so we were quite excited to be able to order some. However, although their list is quite extensive, the prices for the quality was absurd.
The breakfast buffet was very good and offered a large variety of options to suit all of us. Again, the staff was friendly, attentive and quick. It was a good start to each day of touring.
My husband tried getting online at the business center but supposedly someone had booked time on one of the available computers so it was not available for my husband to use. Although the person was not there and my husband only had one item to check, they said he would need to wait until the reserved time was up which was over an hour later. Not a good system.
Overall, we enjoyed our two nights there and would recommend it to others assuming the hotel solves the musty odor issue.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Fashionably luxurious in 25 acres of beautiful, pristine environs, Le Meridien Cochin offers the perfect view into the best Kerala has to offer, her natural beauty of backwater rivers and coconut groves. Designed for the discerning traveler, the hotel offers a unique brand of chic, culture and discovery served with an Indian smile to the guest.Le Méridien Kochi offers a variety of guest rooms to satisfy the individual needs of our guests. Le Méridien Towers has 72 state-of-the-art suites with large bay windows overlooking the scenic beauty, bright paintings, and contemporary decor. Royal Club floors are bastions of luxury for the business barons. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Starwood APAC, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Agoda, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your Le Meridien Kochi reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Le Meridien Cochin Hotel Kochi (Cochin)
- Le Meridien Cochin Resort And Convention Center
- Kochi Le Meridien
- Le Meridien Kochi Kerala/Maradu, India