First of all, it is an extremely well laid out and well located facility. But once you stay there, you wonder why should Starwood lend its name to such a badly managed facility. Corridors have a bad musty smell, rooms always have sometime or the other not working, housekeeping takes for ever to respond, and the restaurant is completely understaffed and are not able to cater to the diners - even when the hotel is not full.
Best part was that in the gym, when I asked for water, the attendent started by pointing me to a water cooler outside the gym from where I could drink. When I asked for bottled water as I will need to sip while running on treadmill, he says the bottle will cost, which I agreed to bear. Then he gets me a one litre bottle and keeps it next to the treadmill on the floor!! I failed to understand how I would sip water like that while running unless I stop everytime I needed to sip some water. So I gave up, asked him to take the water away, thanked him and moved on.
I was the second senior most among the group of 30 odd of us in a conference there. I asked to meet the GM, but never got to meet him. I askd for feedback form, but never got it. Even the feedback link that normally comes after completion of stay in a SPG hotel has not come in. I didn't know what to say to the young lady who met me at the time of check-out and asked me how my stay was and would I recommend the hotel to my friends!! I just told her to look around to see how bad the things are before asking this question. As I could see from her puzzled face, I am sure she didn't get what I was trying to say to her.
We had read not so great reviews of the hotel, but I overruled my team who was recommending another place, and we came after specifically telling the hotel that your reviews are not too great and after being assured that we will be taken good care of.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Fashionably luxurious in 25 acres of beautiful, pristine environs, Le Meridien Cochin offers the perfect view into the best Kerala has to offer, her natural beauty of backwater rivers and coconut groves. Designed for the discerning traveler, the hotel offers a unique brand of chic, culture and discovery served with an Indian smile to the guest.Le Méridien Kochi offers a variety of guest rooms to satisfy the individual needs of our guests. Le Méridien Towers has 72 state-of-the-art suites with large bay windows overlooking the scenic beauty, bright paintings, and contemporary decor. Royal Club floors are bastions of luxury for the business barons. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Starwood, Booking.com, Travelocity, Prestigia, Agoda, Hotels.com, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Orbitz, Hotwire, HotelQuickly, Cancelon and getaroom.com so you can book your Le Meridien Kochi reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Le Meridien Cochin Resort And Convention Center
- Le Meridien Cochin Hotel Kochi (Cochin)
- Kochi Le Meridien
- Le Meridien Kochi Kerala/Maradu, India