“The place to stay at in Cochin”
Review of Le Meridien Kochi

Le Meridien Kochi
Ranked #2 of 3 Hotels in Maradu
Muscat
“The place to stay at in Cochin”
Reviewed November 1, 2012

I stayed here in July 2010 in one of the club rooms. The hotel is grand and one of the biggest in Cochin. The service and staff are superb and hospitable. The manager Ajit is also very friendly and organised excursions to the city free of charge and a spa treatment.

The restaurant is big, however, I feel the food in outside restaurants tasted better and more authentic than in the hotel.

It took me about 25 mins to reach the hotel from the airport and about 15 - 20 mins to the various point in the city. The elephant park is about 45 mins away. The hotel rents cars and has taxis around so transport is never a hassle.

For the famous kerala spa treatments/ oil massages, the spa in the hotel is clean, private and relaxing.

Overall, a grand hotel made comfortable by their impressive service. And its affordable!

When i do revisit Cochin, this is the only hotel i will consider.

Room Tip: The club rooms are definitely good.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
Saji J, General Manager at Le Meridien Kochi, responded to this review, December 4, 2012
Dear Guest
We thank you for taking out time to give us your valuable feedback on your experience as well as for staying at our property in summer of 2012.
We’re pleased to read your positive words of appreciation about our property. Your kind words about the quality of our accommodation as well as the service culture of my colleagues are highly appreciated. We’re also glad that you enjoyed the Ayurvedic treatments at our authentic ayurveda spa.
Your continued patronage and suggestions are a vital part of our growth which will help us progress. We hope to have the pleasure of serving you again in the future till then stay well and enjoy your travels.
Best Regards

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (254)
  • Arabic first
  • Turkish first
Etah, Uttar Pradesh, India
Reviewed October 16, 2012

We stay here on 10th oct 2012.we were there for attend our company meeting.hotel staff provide me a room in tower.its situated another side of lake where we reach through jeetty.tower is like an apartment.there is not any sign of five star hotel.if u want to go main build.ing u wait for 1/2 hour for jetty

• Stayed October 2012
Saji J, General Manager at Le Meridien Kochi, responded to this review, November 2, 2012
Dear Guest

We thank you for the feedback about your stay with us, where in your company had booked out the entire Tower wing of the Hotel specificaly for the event. We as a team did try our best to ensure that the boat services and experiences were to the best of what we could give, the weather conditions and the logistics would however play a role in managing the time taken between the convention Center and the Tower block. Having said that we do look forward to your next visit with us, where I would be happy to upgrade you to the Main building in a superior category of room and assure you of our best services as always. Till then we wish you and your family happy journeys and adventerous travels.
New York
Reviewed October 4, 2012

Wonderful stay at this hotel. We had points so I'm not sure how this compares to the cost, but we were upgraded free of charge to a huge suite with a gorgeous view. As someone who is from the US but has lived in India briefly, I was extremely impressed by the customer service we were given at this hotel. Can't wait to go back!!

Room Tip: Enjoyed staying in the main tower, but did not get to ride the boat to the other side.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Staci H
AjitJose, Manager at Le Meridien Kochi, responded to this review, October 18, 2012
We thank you for taking your time in giving us your valuable feedback on your experience. Thank you for your kind remarks on our property. Your continued patronage and suggestions are a vital part of our growth which will help us progress. We hope to have the pleasure of serving you again in the future. Wish you the best in all your endeavors.
New Delhi
Reviewed September 24, 2012

This was one of most weirdest stay in a four or five star hotel. Few things: first is the design of the room where I stayed. This was probably the only room where the wash basin is outside the toilet, meaning you shave outside the toilet, then go inside the toilet to take a shower or do the other major activity. I have a habit of reading a newspaper/magazine inside the toilet but there was no place to keep one nor to keep the ashtray while smoking. Secondly, I was given twin single beds after I changed from a non-smoking room on the second floor to a smoking room on the first floor and when I inquired with the reception I was told smoking rooms are twin beds (shocking!) and they can help me by joining the two single beds which someone did do later but I wasn't impressed at all. Thirdly, the spring in the mattress in my room made a creaking sound - very weird and unimpressive for a hotel calling itself the Meridien. I am not sure at all who designed the rooms. The furniture was cheap and there was nothing much good to write about. I will need a real desperate reason to visit this hotel again.

Room Tip: I would avoid this place.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
AjitJose, Manager at Le Meridien Kochi, responded to this review, October 14, 2012
We thank you for providing us with your valuable feedback on your experience during your stay with us. It is very unfortunate that the hotel and the services did not reflect the quality you expected. Our sincere apology for the inconveniences caused. We have taken up your advice seriously and will ensure that corrective actions are taken immediately, as applicable. I am sure you will understand that we have full commitment to provide best services to our valued guests.
Thank you again for your honest feedback which caters to improve our services and amenities to give our guests a truly enriching and inspiring experience. We hope to have the pleasure of serving you again in the future. Wish you the best in all your endeavors.
Mumbai
Reviewed September 24, 2012

It does not have the wonderful vistas of the Taj.But peace, tranquility and solitude are its strongpoints.
As usual in God Own's Country, the vegetarians are not served adequately.And it costs a bomb!
Their lobby has an old world charm which is warm and soothing.The live music is a lovely distraction.
They need to do something about their doorlock.The card did not work and it took a good 30 minutes to enter the room.
Many of the toiletries were given only on request.Poor value for the high tariff.
USP: A hot iron and table are available in the wardrobe.DIY.Innovative.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
Dear Guest
We would like to thank you for staying at our property for your recent business trip to Kochi. While we are glad that you enjoyed the ambience, amenities and surroundings of Le Méridien Kochi, we regret that you experienced some undesirable incidences.
We are taking your feedback very sincerely and would ensure to provide an even better guest experience in future. We thank you once again for your constructive feedback.
Best Regards
Reviewed September 16, 2012

My family and I stayed at the Le Meridien Kochi (Cochin) and we were not impressed by this hotel as a 4-5 star category. We've stayed at the Le Merdien in New Delhi so we've had experience with Le Merdien. First, the bathroom drainage was below standard. In fact, when we used the shower, the water flooded the floors so we were disappointed to say the least. Second, the problem was shared with the staff but, no compensation was offered. In the service industry, I'm of the opinion that sub-par hotel stays should be compensated for but, that opinion wasn't shared ... so for the money, the stay was not worth it. Across the highway, there is a new Holiday Inn Crowne Plaza being built so I would suggest staying there.

Room Tip: Stay in the Holiday Inn Crowne Plaza across from the Le Meridien Kochi.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Saji J, General Manager at Le Meridien Kochi, responded to this review, November 3, 2012
Dear Guest

Its very unfortunate to see that we have not managed to live up to your expectation and sincerely apologise that we did not address the concern raised while your were here. I have recently come on board and hence the delay in this revert. The feedback has been shared with my colleagues and we assure you that we would positively bring the change within the team to avoid such occurence in the future.
I do look forward to your next visit and allow me to have you experience the upgraded products and services in the Hotel.
Till then stay well and happy journeys .
Blackpool, United Kingdom
Reviewed August 31, 2012

Whilst attending a wedding function in a centre adjacent to Le Meridien Hotel, I felt the need to chill and discovered what is, without any doubt, a fabulous find: an oasis of tranquillity.
The coffee shop, in the lobby of Le Meridien is delightful. In inner part also serves as a business centre, where one may also sit and relax and order from the coffee shop menu. The ambience, coupled with the friendly courteous service, really makes this coffee shop a place to note if one needs to chill whilst in Kochi.
The presentation of the food was good and the prices, for a hotel of this standard, were very reasonable. I had a club sandwich and pot of tea and in UK £GB money the total bill, including a tip came to less £8. The coffee was also freshly made from ground coffee beans.
I was joined by my friends, who like me; felt this was a great coffee shop find.
Highly recommended.

Room Tip: On this trip did not use a room.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Maradu
Vivanta by Taj - Malabar
Vivanta by Taj - Malabar
#7 of 210 in Kochi (Cochin)
Kochi Marriott Hotel
Ramada Resort Cochin
#1 of 1 in Kumbalam
Trident, Cochin
Trident, Cochin
#18 of 210 in Kochi (Cochin)

Been to Le Meridien Kochi? Share your experiences!