“Wait for the Holiday Inn Kochi to open!”
Review of Le Meridien Kochi

Le Meridien Kochi
Ranked #2 of 3 Hotels in Maradu
Reviewed September 16, 2012

My family and I stayed at the Le Meridien Kochi (Cochin) and we were not impressed by this hotel as a 4-5 star category. We've stayed at the Le Merdien in New Delhi so we've had experience with Le Merdien. First, the bathroom drainage was below standard. In fact, when we used the shower, the water flooded the floors so we were disappointed to say the least. Second, the problem was shared with the staff but, no compensation was offered. In the service industry, I'm of the opinion that sub-par hotel stays should be compensated for but, that opinion wasn't shared ... so for the money, the stay was not worth it. Across the highway, there is a new Holiday Inn Crowne Plaza being built so I would suggest staying there.

Room Tip: Stay in the Holiday Inn Crowne Plaza across from the Le Meridien Kochi.
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
Saji J, General Manager at Le Meridien Kochi, responded to this reviewResponded November 3, 2012

Dear Guest

Its very unfortunate to see that we have not managed to live up to your expectation and sincerely apologise that we did not address the concern raised while your were here. I have recently come on board and hence the delay in this revert. The feedback has been shared with my colleagues and we assure you that we would positively bring the change within the team to avoid such occurence in the future.
I do look forward to your next visit and allow me to have you experience the upgraded products and services in the Hotel.
Till then stay well and happy journeys .

There are newer reviews for Le Meridien Kochi

Reviewed August 31, 2012

Whilst attending a wedding function in a centre adjacent to Le Meridien Hotel, I felt the need to chill and discovered what is, without any doubt, a fabulous find: an oasis of tranquillity.
The coffee shop, in the lobby of Le Meridien is delightful. In inner part also serves as a business centre, where one may also sit and relax and order from the coffee shop menu. The ambience, coupled with the friendly courteous service, really makes this coffee shop a place to note if one needs to chill whilst in Kochi.
The presentation of the food was good and the prices, for a hotel of this standard, were very reasonable. I had a club sandwich and pot of tea and in UK £GB money the total bill, including a tip came to less £8. The coffee was also freshly made from ground coffee beans.
I was joined by my friends, who like me; felt this was a great coffee shop find.
Highly recommended.

Room Tip: On this trip did not use a room.
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed August 26, 2012

This is a hotel that has potential to be great if not the best in Kochi but sadly does not aspire to. Location-wise, it does not really suit a business traveler but is great as a resort. The property is huge with a large swimming pool, ample grounds, convention center etc. It also has a tower block across the river, with a regular ferry to bring you to the main hotel. Which is nice if you are on a holiday and in no hurry to reach anywhere. The grounds are very well maintained. The rooms are spacious and most of them have a balcony.

On the flip side, the hotel does not really believe in recognizing platinum SPG guests. The last time i stayed there, I was not given an option of a room upgrade. Also, there are hardly any amenities kept in the room. In fact, I had to call house-keeping twice to get a dental kit!!! House-keeping is poor and the rooms are not cleaned properly (i found left over hair on my floor!).

I had an issue with the internet last time but this was rectified later. While the hotel offers happy hours to platinum guests, this is between 5-7 pm! Which is more like the time for high tea! Snacks at the lounge are limited and not very good. Room service/house-keeping is slow to respond and sometimes needs a reminder.

Breakfast has a fairly good spread but again the services could be better. The attitude seems to be to say no first for any request.

Room Tip: Rooms facing the pool/river are better than those facing the front.
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed August 21, 2012

Firstly you can rule this hotel far far out from whatever comes to your mind when you think of 'Le Meridien'. In fact I am surprised given the condition of the hotel that it still remains this chain hotel's name- its a cause for alarm and shame actually.
Having said that, this is a sprawling property which could have been done up in so many ways but is in a deplorable state right now. Its under renovation and what is of more concern is that we stayed in the renovated floor (2nd) in one of the brand new rooms- which if I were to really stretch and overreach I would rate as a 3 star or a good 2 star at best. It is neat and clean with a nice TC and in room tea/coffee but nothing could be more further from the 5 star image that usually comes with Le Meridien. The room was basic at best, clean at most. The bathroom was a tinier than closet space in most 3 stars and although clean had very basic provisions.
Some of the sanitaryware was broken and obvious exposed holes in the wall where
perhaps a phone or towelrack is supposed to be. We could not use the pool as it was
under renovation as well, got charged the same atrocious room rate though, no change there.
The breakfast area was nice and the food plentiful and good but it simply cannot justify
for the atrocious rate they charge. This hotel is no way a real Le Meridien. There
are far better and cheaper more luxurious options espcecially in the lovely Fort Cochin area, away from the congested town area where this hotel is. Its also over 1 hour drive from the airport. Would not recommend.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
AjitJose, Manager at Le Meridien Kochi, responded to this reviewResponded August 27, 2012

We thank you for providing us with your valuable feedback on your experience. It is very unfortunate that the hotel and the services during your stay with us did not reflect the quality you expected. Our sincere apology for the inconvenience caused during your stay with us. We are currently undergoing renovation of the property which is aimed at giving our guest more options and the best product and experience in town. I am sure you will understand that we have full commitment to provide best services to our valued guests. Thank you again for your honest feedback. We trust to have the pleasure of serving you again in the future. Wish you the best in all your endeavors.

Reviewed August 18, 2012

We visited during a friends wedding to Le Meridien in January, this year. I particularly loved the lobby and also the LIVE music that's played in the evenings. The hotel staff was courteous and once discovered that we were SPG guests, the Front Desk team took no time to extend a complimentary upgrade to us to SPG Rooms overlooking the beautiful swimming pool & the river, followed by their standard amenities.

Its always nice to be proactively upgraded to the next category rather than asking for it. This gave us a sense of privilege and I congratulate the team for put in their best efforts to retain their guests; well you guys have retained me as your brand ambassador! The food at coffee shop was pretty descent as compared to many other hotels we stayed in South. I loved the fact that emphasis were laid on extending fresh south indian dishes to all the guests during buffet breakfast hours.

Overall, I highly recommend Le Meridien to all of you since they not only met but exceeded our expectations. Only one note of caution; the hotel seems closer to the airport but it is not! During peak hours, one has to leave at least 2 hours prior to the reporting time of your flight or else you will for sure miss your flight, like how we missed ours!!!

Room Tip: Try their SPG rooms or at least the ones facing the swimming pool; we found them better than other v...
  • Stayed: January 2012, traveled as a couple
AjitJose, Manager at Le Meridien Kochi, responded to this reviewResponded August 21, 2012

We are glad that you enjoyed your stay with us. Thank you for your kind remarks on our property. Your continued patronage and suggestions are a vital part of our growth which will help us progress. We will do our best to meet your service expectations. We traust to have the pleasure of serving you again in the future. Wish you the best in all your endeavors.

Reviewed August 12, 2012

Stayed with the family in the new Tower block (I think that was what it was called) across the water. This was a surprise we got once we checked in. You need to use the boats to come over to the main part of the hotel, but since we were on a holiday, we did not mind it. Great View. Just what you wanted while in Kerala. People were great. Everybody smiles at you (including those working in the gardens and other technical staff) when you pass by. Well kept gardens. Thoroughly enjoyed the three nights spent here. Breakfast selection for South Indian food was a bit disappointing considering we tried the local options.

Room Tip: Ask for rooms in the Tower block. Worth the extra time that you need to spend
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
AjitJose, Manager at Le Meridien Kochi, responded to this reviewResponded August 16, 2012

We thank you for taking your time in giving us your valuable feedback on your experience. Thank you for your kind remarks on our property. Your continued patronage and suggestions are a vital part of our growth which will help us progress. We hope to have the pleasure of serving you again in the future. Wish you the best in all your endeavors.

Reviewed July 16, 2012

The fitness center just ticked me off. "No fitness shoes, sir?" No, I only have these sandals and I just want to lift. Sorry sir, but you must have fitness shoes. That makes sense since it's not a trip to India until you step in some poo. For what I'm paying, they could have shoe covers. Also internet is spotty. I've had to reconnect 6 times so far. BTW hotel is under renovation so best be out of here by 0830. Otherwise very nice property.

Room Tip: They do have smoking floors so be sure and specify if you want butts or no butts.
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Maradu
Vivanta by Taj - Malabar
Vivanta by Taj - Malabar
#8 of 211 in Kochi (Cochin)
Kochi Marriott Hotel
Ramada Resort Cochin
#1 of 1 in Kumbalam
Trident, Cochin
Trident, Cochin
#16 of 211 in Kochi (Cochin)

Been to Le Meridien Kochi? Share your experiences!