I stayed at the Springfield for the weekend of 13th 14th and 15th September 2013
I wasn't sure from the reviews what the hotel was going to be like and I hadn't visited it in about 15 years.
The staff were friendly and helpful, all local people with local knowledge and experience of the Holywell area
The rooms are clean, freshly decorated, a little dated but it was in good condition. Above all it was very comfortable. The bed was very comfy - I've stayed in many hotels with worse beds (and paid more for the privilege)
The breakfast was a buffet style and there was a good choice from cereal, fruit, cold meats, breads through to full range of cooked breakfast. They served good quality coffee - not instant! and had a range of teas available
One evening we decided to eat at the hotel. I had fish and chips my husband had ham egg and chips. Both meals were great, fish and ham were in plentiful supply and the chips !! wow - good old fashioned chunky chips ... we did not have room for a pudding, but shared one instead
Good range of beers wines and spirits available
On the Saturday night there was a wedding party, but we didn't get disturbed at all by it. The function room is large and the hotel holds parties, weddings and also cabaret type weekends - they have a Michael Jackson tribute act coming up before Christmas
The pool area is lovely and the learn to swim courses look to be a great idea
The gym has a range of modern equipment, Treadmills, bikes, cross trainer/step machine, free weights and rowing machine
I spent an hour just relaxing on a very comfy sofa, with a book and enjoying the view of the Dee Estuary an across to the Wirral from their enclosed Terrace.
Its good - welcoming comfortable and I would be happy to visit again
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Springfield Hotel & Health Club enjoys fabulous views over the River Dee and has excellent road links to the beautiful Roman city of Chester, North-West England and North Wales. This friendly, comfortable hotel has a fantastic location for those travelling on business or for those exploring the attractions and countryside of North Wales. All of the rooms are comfortable and well equipped with colour freeview television, complimentary hi-speed internet, tea/coffee making facilities and en suite showers and baths. The brand new Health Club opened in March 2011, with facilities including a gym with state-of-the-art equipment, indoor swimming pool and sauna, all of which are entirely free of charge for guests. Free high-speed wireless internet access is now also available throughout the Hotel. The new restaurant and bar offer home-cooked food, made using fresh local produce. We are particularly proud of our food and have many regular customers. Or simply relax in the Bar and take in the stunning views. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Hotwire, Cancelon, Orbitz, Travelocity, TripOnline SA and HotelQuickly so you can book your Springfield Hotel & Health Club reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Springfield Hotel And Health Club
- Springfield Hotel & Health Club Pentre Halkyn, North Wales