Springfield Hotel & Health Club
    • Breakfast included
    Plas Hafod Hotel(Gwernymynydd)
    • Restaurant
    Very Good 4/5
    All reviewsnorth walesone night staystaff were very friendlybar areamany thankswedding receptioncouldn't do enoughlast weekfunction roomplenty of parkingwedding venueevening mealnothing is too much troublesecond to nonesalmondee estuaryself service
    FilterAll languages
    Reviewed March 29, 2013

My husband and I have just returned from a Swim Inn break at the Springfield Hotel. We had a really good time, The staff were all friendly, the room was very comfortable, and the swimming pool and changing rooms were first class. The food was very tasty - we ate here three nights and the food is really good value - especially the two courses for ten pound menu!
    Steve our swimming instructor was especially good - very patient and understanding -he took time to ensure that all the group gained confidence in the water and we all came away being able to swim - it is up to us all to keep it up and practice!
    The hotel is ideally situated to explore the area - we visited Prestatyn and St Asaph one day, Holywell and the Holy well one day, and Chester another day - we were lucky to have sunny weather and very picturesque scenery due to the snow.
    All in all we had a lovely relaxing time - and would definitely go back.

Room Tip: We stayed in room 26 - there was a wedding party one night but we didn't hear any noise from it
    • Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
    1  Thank gaynora
    Reviewed March 18, 2013

Having stayed in the Springfield for one night I can honestly say its rating of No1 of 1 is as good as it gets.
    Approaching the building reminds you of the film The Shining, very 1970s, the rooms and bathrooms wouldnt be out of place if the place was used to re make Psycho as The Bates Motel. Both those things aside, the service inside is akin to, yes you've guessed it - Faulty Towers.
    The room was plain and clean, I was concerned as someone who had stayed there before said his room had been freezing, No worries in my room, the £20 electric B & Q room heater was on both bars when I got there, more like a sauna than an igloo, I turned the heat down with the flick of a switch but was careful not to leave any clothes etc near the heater.
    Dont get me wrong the people are friendly enough but if its a thoughtful, caring and enjoyable experience your after, drive a little further down the coast.
    I was concerned when the restaurant couldn't offer Steak on the menu as it had 'run out'. Not to worry, order something else while watching the extra time of the European football, nope, someone in the other room wanted a different match so our, previously perfect HD Sky picture was turned on to ITV which had a broken signal. Ah well we could just about keep up with the play as its bulding to a memorable conclusion, it certainly was, literally two minutes from the end of the second period of extra time, the score 3-3, the barman turned it over as his boss wanted to watch Chelsea!
    So a less than ideal start for our meal which was actually quite reasonable despite the poor reviews about th Lamb, mine was fine. Our concerns about the service put to one side we thought we would have a desert, with no waiter around to serve us we asked who I think was the night porter who seemed surprised we should ask for anything as the restaurant staff had 'all gone home'! he kindly dissappeared into the kitchen and brought out some cheese & biscuits which were quite nice, mind you they should be, at least two of us were charged for the same dessert, although to be fair, it was the lady on check out who noticed the error.
    I'm a firm believer in 'speak as you find' and unfortunately I can only tell you how I found the Springfield, the unfortunate thing is that the Trip Adviser rating system goes from Poor up to Average. I would say that The Springfield is below average but probably a bit better than poor. With no competition, I suppose it will remain No1 for a while yet

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
    Reviewed March 16, 2013

Friendly welcome reception on arrival, bags carried to my large twin room with spacious and spotless bathroom. Quality hospitality tray in my room, extensive breakfast and dinner menu, the food and service was great. Every member of staff was friendly and helpful, the atmosphere was relaxed. The spa/pool/gym facilities were excellent.

My door lock was faulty, but it was changed quickly and efficiently whilst I was in the lovely warm pool. Some areas would benefit from a fresh coat of paint, but the relaxed, friendly atmosphere and the facilities more than make up for that minor point.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled solo
    Reviewed March 10, 2013

Have just attended a christening here today.We were pleasantly surprised.The bar area is clean with small tables and chairs scattered around.We were in a larger room with a buffet.
    The food was very good,all hot with waitress service. If anyone hasn't been here for a long time give it a look.if you are looking for a room with buffet this is worth a viewing.
    Over all the place is well decorated,clean,pleasant.staff and the toilets were spotless.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with friends
    Reviewed February 26, 2013 via mobile

Seven of us Stayed for one night when it was Michael Buble tribute night. The food was auful,had to send back 3 soups due to being cold,the risotto was like dogs diner,and pudding was untouchable...4 of us had the runs and sickness(and they were sobre).kettle in room didnt work,and only had 2 x uht milk cartons in a triple room.breakfast left us all hungry,as the full english was rubbery,cold and un-edable only had toast and orange juice,went to Tweedmill for proper food...but what did we expect for £50,glad it wasnt dearer,or would of asked for our money back.

• Stayed: February 2013