Milton Hill, Abingdon
$68
$113
PremierInn.com
1,202 results
All reviewsgarden wingitalian gardenmilton hillmanor housethe main houseleisure facilitiesfree coffeebiscuitsde vere hotelgrounds are lovelychanging roomssteam roomevening mealbar menuweekend breakwedding guestsbuffet style
FilterAll languages
Reviewed March 3, 2013

The room I was originaly issued with was in what can only be discribed as a Building built in the style of a PRISON CAMP. I kicked up a fuss and was moved into the main house. The room was the smallest room I have ever stayed in sleeping area 8ft by 15 ft
Room was freezing took over 6 hours to warm it up
Room was not very clean and not well kept
Bed was awfull
Bedding was poor
Woken up both mornings at 6am storage bin lids being slammed shut beneath window
Hotel was cold through out
Bath room tatty
Carpet needed cleaning
TV poor and no remote dispite asking for one

Room Tip: Dont book on internet or you will end up in the "prison" Visit before booking
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank david g
Gavin W, General Manager at Milton Hill, Abingdon, responded to this reviewResponded March 4, 2013

Dear Guest
Thank you for your review, I am sorry that you didn’t feel able to mention your findings to my staff whilst you were here as we would have done our utmost to make your stay more comfortable.

Reviewed March 2, 2013 via mobile

Stayed on the 1st March. Took my GF here for her birthday after having afternoon tea at The Randolph Hotel, in Oxford.

I booked this through booking.com and the hotel exceeded my special requirements when I made the reservation.

HOTEL-lovely entrance, with a grand lobby. Check in was easy and given the choice of pre booking the breakfast (£3 cheaper) and reserving a table for dinner. A little bit sprawling but no drama. As we had stayed before we didn't use the grounds but the walks are lovely and plenty of seats, without being looked upon by others.

ROOM-Upgraded room (314). Highly recommended. Lovely beams, top end bathroom features with the White Company smellies. Comfy double and plump pillows.

AMENITIES-Free papers everywhere, coffee machines along with fresh fruit dotted around the building. Swimming pool with free lockers, steam room, jacuzzi, sauna and gym were well maintained, clean and enthusiastically used. Bar areas were comfy and had a low key atmosphere.

FOOD-We ate dinner that evening. The choice was good and accommodated our dietary requests. My GF had an issue with her main....which was dealt with professionalism and a profound apology. They didn't charge us for the course and offered us a complimentary glass of Proscecco. Well done Emma.

To the last reviewer and negative breakfast reviews. As we are both regular travellers we would have to disagree with those comments. All I can say is that the breakfast today was varied, hot, nutritious and plentiful. Lots of fresh fruit, yoghurts, cereal, hot options, pastries and numerous fresh juices. And a bargin to boot...£7.50 each.

OVERALL-Looking forward to another break. Just on our way back from Bicester Village.

• Stayed: March 2013

Dear Guest
Thank you for your lovely review.
I am glad that you both such an enjoyable weekend and hope you both enjoyed your time at Bicester Village.
Kind regards

Reviewed March 1, 2013

So I was there for a meeting in the AM and stayed overnight at the hotel. Location is fine, but traffic I hear is a nightmare at certain times of the day - so plan your travel times. The main building is nice, well maintained and cozy - meeting rooms are good and do what they are supposed to.
The bedroom was in the annexe building and tbh it seemed a little tired. Whilst the rooms had been made up to look nice, the underlying problems are still there - small wardrobe area, poor wifi signal (although free so better than most), and the shower was lacking power with the taps not working correctly. Looking from the outside it does look like a kind of prison block. So this element has reduced the rating from a 4 to a 3.

Breakfast was lacking compared to other hotels I've stayed in and was a little bit pricey as well. For example the black pudding was stone cold.

If you are going to stay, try and get a room in the main hotel block.

Room Tip: Try and get the main hotel rather than the annexe.
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business

Dear Guest
Thank you for your review.
I would like to assure other readers that traffic in the area is no more a problem for us than any other area. We are a 5 minute drive from the A34 which does, from time to time, suffer from traffic issues but only as much as any other main A road through the UK.
I will investigate the issue you had with your shower.
Regards

Reviewed February 26, 2013

Firstly the main building was beautiful inside, and the restaurant was fab, delicious food! The first night we were kept awake with people outside partying and shouting and the second night a pipe loudly broke (or something, the maintenance man couldn't actually figure it out) which kept us awake and led to us having to move rooms. The third night was fine. The beds were comfy and our rooms were really grand inside, and the pool area was nice. Some parts were 4* and others 2* leading to a bit of an identity crisis. I hoped we'd have got dinner for free after having to move rooms but we only got 20% off which turned out to be £6 or something off.

Room Tip: Make sure you ask to be in the main building
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
Gavin W, General Manager at Milton Hill, Abingdon, responded to this reviewResponded March 6, 2013

Dear Guest
Thank you for leaving your review.
I am sorry that your nights were disturbed, whilst we do sometimes have guests that are less considerate to their fellow guests than we would like, I am sorry that we had to ask you to move rooms.
Kind regards

Reviewed February 25, 2013

The classic gable double room (gable cottage) we were given was quite large but it was freezing in there even with the radiator turn up to maximum and all three blinds were covered in mould. We requested a different room and they moved us quickly to a garden room. This building looks like a concrete block from outside but the rooms are OK. Its was warm, clean and overlooked the park but quite noisy. I booked this hotel because of the spa facilities but was disappointed with the lack of overall maintenance such as the underwater light had fallen out of the pool wall and just been left on the poolside with cable protruding from the water. Also the sauna floor had holes in it due to missing floorboards and the shower in the changing room which was leaking had been fixed by tying a plastic bag round it. Just lack of maintenance gives this hotel a run down feel in areas which is a real shame. The main house was generally nice and if I had to stay here again I would book a room in this area of the hotel.

Room Tip: Probably best to book a room in the main building probably more substantial than the garden room block/Gable room
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
Gavin W, General Manager at Milton Hill, Abingdon, responded to this reviewResponded February 26, 2013

Dear Guest
Thank you for taking the time to leave your review.
I am aware of the issues with your room and am glad that we were able to arrange a different room for you.
Please be assured that all the maintenance issues in the pool area are being dealt with by our contractors and will look as good as new in the very near future.
Regards