“Fantastic experience”

Milton Hill, Abingdon
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Steventon
Reviewed February 17, 2013

Me and my partner stayed for your Valentine offer, we had such a wonderful time. Our room was stunning and so was the views. The food was delicious too also I would like to praise you on how excellent ALL your staff are especially to Emma. We are getting married at the hotel October 2014 and this experience has made me realise just how perfect your venue is for our wedding.

• Stayed: February 2013
Gavin W, General Manager at Milton Hill, Abingdon, responded to this reviewResponded February 20, 2013

Dear Guest

I am so pleased yu have an enjoyable Vanetines weekend and we are all looking forward to being able to host your Wedding next year.

Reviewed February 17, 2013

I reserved based on their agreement for a 12 noon checkin. Very disappointed when arrived to be told 3:00 PM checkin applies even though they confirmed 12 noon was on the reservation. Having just arrived from international flight, jet lag and tired, had to wait in the lobby and library for 3 hours. Well it is 3:30 PM and the room I was given still had not been cleaned of previous guests. I would have stayed elsewhere to get rested in the afternoon. I also cancelled a business dinner because of the mess up.

1  Thank Larry1778
Gavin W, General Manager at Milton Hill, Abingdon, responded to this reviewResponded February 18, 2013

Dear Guest

Thank you for leaving your review which I understand was written whilst you were still in the hotel.
I know that my Duty Manager has met with you on check out and apologised for your wait, I understand we were expecting a phone call to confirm your early check in but it would appear this didn’t take place.
Thank you for the opportunity to explain and apologise and I hope we will be able to welcome you back in the future.
Regards

Reviewed February 16, 2013 via mobile

Booked 2 nights here in Feb as it was a birthday. Booked online and paid 90 pound with no breakfast which i think is reasonable although you can get it cheaper if you leave it to the last min.
Booking in was smooth with friendly reception staff and ample car parking spaces.
We didnt stay in the main hall but our room was nice and clean and quite modern, powerfull shower and complimentry toiletries.
The hotel in a working venue type hotel so if your not in the main hall dont expect the ritz but overall it was an 8 out of 10.
Only gripe was paying 7 pound for a small glass of wine!

Dear Guest

Thank you for your review, I am glad you enjoyed your time with us and were able to take advantage of one of our online offers. I hope to be able to welcome you back in the future.

Reviewed February 16, 2013

We stayed for one night here. We had a warm welcome and the room, in the main block (418), was spacious and immaculate. Breakfast was included and was one of the best we had had. The decor, especially the flower arrangements, was impressive. Guests have use of the pool and leisure facilities. Not sure what the normal rate would be - well worth checking the De Vere website for special offers.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear Guest

Thank you for your review, I am glad you enjoyed your time with us and I hope to be able to welcome you back in the future.

Reviewed February 16, 2013

After a trip to Biscester village we arrived at Milton hill house at 3pm. We stayed in room 310 (by the court yard)which was spacious, modern, clean and had all facilities expected. The only downside if you are a family staying in this room, is that the pull-out sofa bed is very narrow and our two children (age 5&8) didn't sleep well. We loved the pool, quiet, clean and no restricted times. friendly staff, although some of the breakfast staff weren't very experienced or forthcoming. But overall it was a lovely stay and good value.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family

Dear Guest

Thank you for your review, I am glad you enjoyed your time with us but am sorry your children didn’t sleep well. If you visit again please ensure you ask for room 311 as this has a bunk bed room attached which has been enjoyed by many children since it was refurbished last Easter.

Reviewed February 16, 2013

Very impressed with th service and the staff - very friendly and informative. Only a 20 minute drive to Didcot Parkway station.I had to leave early in the morning so thought I would skip breakfast but they made sure that there was something for me from 0630. The setting is lovely and is very handy for Oxford. London's only 40 minutes from Didcot Parkway so I'd recommend this at £59 for a convenient way to get into the smoke.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business

Dear Guest

Thank you for your review, I am glad you enjoyed your time with us and hope to welcome you back in the future.

Reviewed February 15, 2013

Just returned after a 3 night stay. The hotel, as promised was just 15 minutes away from Oxford and it's Park &Ride facilities and just 30 minutes from Blenheim Palace. The staff were helpful and friendly, there was plenty of free guest parking. As we turned into the grounds we were welcomed by the sight of a carpet of snowdrops in the gardens. Check-in was easy and we were pleased with our warm, comfortable, clean room which was situated in the main house, sadly no view, however, i had got a very reasonable on-line rate so I felt we got good value. The swimming pool looked very tempting and quiet but due to all the excursions we'd planned had no time to use it. Breakfast was delicious and we were seated in an orangery part of the dining room with lovely garden views. We will definitely return and plan to make use of the facilities.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a view.