“Excellent food, service a little distant at times, would certainly return!”
Review of Mira Spice

Mira Spice
Ranked #4 of 5 Restaurants in Steventon
Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed December 2, 2012

I've ate her a couple of times whilst down on business in the area. Both by myself and with a group of colleagues. There is a good selection of dishes, and I was very impressed with the food, both flavour and presentation. We did find the lime pickle lacking its usual spicy punch, but that is personal taste. Very good main courses, nice flavour and just the right level of spice for the dish.

I do agree a little with the other TA review, the staff seemed a little distant at times dealing with take away customers or chatting with each other in the waiting area near the door. It was a little frustrating trying to get their attention at times; although I put it down to them not being that busy with other customers. I would be the only thing that needs putting right.

I'd certainly return next time I'm in the area and fancy a curry. Well worth a visit!

Reviewed November 26, 2012

Obviously the other customers were much more important than my group of five. We were asked questions, but either they did not understand us or were not listening as these were repeated/ignored.
It was not particularly busy for a Friday night - about three/four other parties of either couples/groups of four. There were a number of customers collecting takeaways, but that was it.
Our table was at the far end and one of our party was precariously positioned with their back right on a ledge, the waiters leant over everyone to pass food and drinks down.
The food, when it eventually arrived was luke warm and can only be described as 'passable' flavour-wise, we've had worse!
We did not complain, but were offered a free drink on the house at the end, so our dis-satisfaction may have been picked up upon!
We won't be back.