“Second stay at the Steventon”

Steventon House Hotel
Ranked #1 of 7 Steventon B&B and Inns
Runcorn
“Second stay at the Steventon”
Reviewed January 18, 2014

I have stayed at this hotel on two occasions, both for business purposes. Excellent location and easy to find and park. Both times I have been allocated a room in an annex type building at the rear of the hotel. The room this time was slightly tired in decor, hence not the full rating, but a good size and spotless. The only slight issue I had was the noise from the plumbing, especially from nearby rooms but was not really a major problem. I would highly recommend the food from the restaurant, I had an evening meal at the hotel that was delicious and very good value for money, and also breakfast which was fine. The staff were all very friendly and could not do enough to help. I would definitely return to this hotel when visiting this area again and might consider requesting a room within the main building to avoid the very short, but open to the elements (ie, torrential rain), walk to hotel bar/restaurant.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (49)
Walton-On-Thames, United Kingdom
Reviewed January 6, 2014

Me and my friend came here as a Christmas treat and catch-up and it was so perfect for purpose. Although the hotel was extremely busy and quite popular with diners, we were welcomed in and ushered to our rooms in no time at all. Our original intention was to have some drinks and a meal, but on entering our room and sitting on the bed, I was sold, and didn't want to move - the bed is soooo comfortable - and this has reminded me I wanted to ask management what make it was! Whilst there was a Christmas party happening downstairs, I was able to have a small nap and was completely unable to hear the party going on downstairs. When we finally emerged from our rooms for some drinks and some food, the bar area was well staffed, informal but aesthetically pleasing and we felt really comfortable to have a mellow chat. Once we were ready for dinner I was completely shocked. It was as though we had gone out somewhere fancy - there were duck spring rolls and a bed of angel hair noodles, for mains we had a perfectly sized Christmas dinner, and for dessert (as at by this point there was no stopping us), we decided to simply get one of everything! I loved each one, even the dessert I don't generally like. I can't wait to go back. Food, drinks, bed - what more do you need.

Room Tip: I cant speak for other rooms, but we were on the first floor, in a twin room right above the action...
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled with friends
Market Harborough, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed November 11, 2013

Stayed on a Saturday night. Good things: staff friendly and helpful; nice breakfast; free wifi. Bad things - we stayed in a "superior room" but it was small, with a tiny shower/washbasin area and no bath; the shaver socket did not work, and when I got an adaptor for a mains socket from reception, I found it didn't work either. (My electric razor works perfectly at home, so it was definitely the hotel electrics that were faulty). The postcode given took my satnav to nowhere near - not just my satnav as this happened to another guest we were chatting to as well. Some of thre bedclothes were not clean, and in the shower area there was a half used portion of shower gel - clearly been used by the previous occupant and not replaced. Overall, the hotel had a tired feel.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Charles O
Leiderdorp, The Netherlands
Reviewed October 16, 2013

Shame that the rooms and especially bathrooms are in dire need of revamping, not the type of quality expected for the high price requested. Mildew in the shower nowhere to place your toothbrush anywhere around the sink?!...

Super surroundings, food and staff, shame about the rest.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
lancashire
Reviewed September 18, 2013

Stayed there for a wedding, food was amazing, staff attentive. All in all a very pleasant weekend. Rooms were large with everything from hair dryer to iron. Bathroom smelt a little musty. Half an hour from Bicester outlet village

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Chilton, United Kingdom
Reviewed September 3, 2013

A few weeks ago we celebrated our golden wedding anniversary with friends and family at the hotel. The booking procedure was a little difficult, but once we had the organiser, Teodora in the picture it all went well.
We had the Sunday buffet and the organisation,atmosphere, food and service were all excellent and the prices very reasonable.
I would have no hesitation in recommending it for such an occasion.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Stratford-upon-Avon, United Kingdom
Reviewed August 28, 2013

We recently attended a friends wedding at Steventon House Hotel, which proved to be a great venue.

After the ceremony the hotel reset the main room for the wedding breakfast while we enjoyed drinks and canapés in the grounds. The food was very tasty, not easy when catering for so many people at one time.

The staff, and Shelia in particular, were very helpful to the happy couple and guests alike. For example we ordered a hot chocolate for our 5 year old, and the waitress made sure it did not come out boiling hot, but at a suitable temperature for a little one! Attention to the little things like that make a difference.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Steventon
Milton Hill, Abingdon
Hampton by Hilton Oxford Hotel
White Hart Hotel
White Hart Hotel
#1 of 2 in Dorchester-on-Thames

Been to Steventon House Hotel? Share your experiences!