“Our most relaxed break”

and 1 more site!
Tigh Na Leigh
Ranked #2 of 4 Alyth B&B and Inns
Reviewed April 9, 2013

I am reluctant to share just how fantastic Tigh Na Leigh is! Chris and Bettina are brilliant hosts who went way above and beyond to accommodate us. The food is outstanding. This is truly a special place. A long soak in the lush jacuzzi bath, a fantastic dinner followed by feet up watching a DVD from the extensive library proved the perfect antidote to my busy life. Despite having only just left, I am already looking forward to going back!

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
There are newer reviews for Tigh Na Leigh

Reviewed April 9, 2013

Well-- I'm still not sure how to pronounce its name. But believe me Tigh na Leigh deserves its top ratings. Chris and Bettina run their B&B like a fabulous boutique hotel and you will return every day with a sigh of comfort.

We looked at the Lands of Loyal hotel, but based on TripAdvisor reviews we chose Tigh na Leigh and were very happy with it. We also had friends staying at Lands of Loyal and went up there for some delicious dinners; the bar and entry area with its big fireplaces is very cozy and the food is really unusually good. But we had no regrets!

The main street of Alyth is not a particular beauty spot and across the street from Tigh na Leigh is a Scotmid store, which might put you off. Don't let it. Once you check in, you will never think of it again! The double glazing reassures you that you will have a sound night's sleep in spite of overlooking the road-- but in fact Alyth is silent at night anyway.

Chris and Bettina have a wonderful way of making you feel like welcome guests, not customers. They have had interesting lives, have lived abroad, and are thoroughly professional in how they run the house. Bettina is German (with perfect English) and as I've lived in Germany, I found that reassuring-- and our room was so spotless that, as in Germany, I ran my finger across the top of the wardrobe before setting my hat up there, and found it absolutely dust-free!

We stayed in the four-poster room and didn't see the other rooms. It's a lovely room with a window seat looking over their garden and the church next door, where I spotted my first-ever red squirrel (more and more endangered in Britain). There's a round table in a window bay, with two comfortable armchairs; the bed had a canopy and a Scottish thistle carved into its headboard and was wonderfully comfortable. Even the pictures on the walls were better than what you usually see in a B&B. The bathroom was large, well-furnished and spotless and the jacuzzi was nice after a long walk in the mist. As an American, I've never figured out how to take a shower bath in a bathtub without spraying the entire room; however the towel-warming radiator also dried the bathmat I used to wipe up the rather slippery marble floor. There was also a nice flat-screen television and an iPod speaker/charger, but we didn't use those. The house has free wifi but the reception for telephones and even occasionally wifi can be iffy because Alyth is in a valley.

We did not have dinner at Tigh na Leigh but the breakfast was as good as we could ask for, with several kinds of fresh fruit, plain and fruit yogurt, granola, several kinds of juice, and good hot coffee and tea. You can have a cooked breakfast too.

Another nice thing about Tigh na Leigh is that there are two or three rooms downstairs where guests can sit. You don't have that awkward situation where you feel you are keeping your hosts out of their favorite room, because there is a television room with a good stock of DVDs, a comfortable sitting room where Bettina may bring you a drink (they have a liquor license), and a little sitting area in the large, light dining room that looks out on their pond and garden.

People who are allergic to cats should know that two large, handsome, friendly Toms share the house.

All in all, I don't think a B&B could get much better than this! Bravo!

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 27, 2013

We have just made our third visit to Tigh Na Leigh and it only encourages us to return again.

Beautiful rooms, wonderful food and friendly hosts totally justify its five star rating.

Did I mention the flat screen TVs, DVD players and jacuzzi baths in every room?

Add it to your bucket list!

David Rees

Room Tip: They are all good - you get what you pay for.
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed March 13, 2013

Returning after a few years we found Bettina and Chris the same attentive hosts. Early check in was no problem and that gave us extra time to relax before the fantastic evening meal prepared with so much care. Not the 4 poster bedded room this time but the standard double that is comfortable and not standard by any means. Bettina had plenty of suggestions for how we could spend our day before being spoilt to another nights stay. We were not in any rush and were never made to feel anything but most welcome. Tigh Na Leigh is a gem and 5 stars are just not enough.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 28, 2013

We loved this lovely guest house and would recommend it highly. Only stayed one night and
wish we had been able to stay longer. You will not be disappointed only spoiled with lovely rooms and delicious cooking.
Anne and Stuart

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 17, 2013

Just back from Tigh Na Leigh after taking advantage of their valentine's getaway offer, which consisted of a three course candle lit dinner and bed and breakfast. Chris and Bettina were perfect hosts, really chatty and made us feel right at home. Food was fantastic as was the wine, Alan is really fussy with food and usually finds it hard to eat in certain places but he thoroughly enjoyed it. Had a great time and will definitely be back.
Beth & Alan x

Room Tip: Tigh Na Leigh has a wide variety of rooms and are perfect for every need. If you're after your o...
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 10, 2013 via mobile

I stayed in this lovely guest house for the first time in 2011 and had sang its praises so much that when my sister was visiting from the States I just had to take her. We stayed at the end of August and although the weather was rotten (typical Scotland!) the welcome couldn't have been warmer. We stayed in the twin room and it was lovely, warm and clean. It had a jacuzzi bath which I had to take advantage of. We had both dinner and breakfast at the guest house and, as previously, the food was wonderful. We did go into the village for a drink but as we were both tired we then went back and took advantage of the extensive DVD collection and had a great nights sleep. My brother and sister got me a gift voucher for Christmas so I can't wait to back for another visit. Can't recommend this place highly enough.

• Stayed: August 2012
Also consider these accommodations in or near Alyth
Lands of Loyal Hotel
#2 of 5 in Blairgowrie
Royal Hotel
Royal Hotel
#4 of 5 in Blairgowrie

Been to Tigh Na Leigh? Share your experiences!