“Brilliant break”

and 1 more site!
Tigh Na Leigh
Ranked #2 of 4 Alyth B&B and Inns
Reviewed February 28, 2013

We loved this lovely guest house and would recommend it highly. Only stayed one night and
wish we had been able to stay longer. You will not be disappointed only spoiled with lovely rooms and delicious cooking.
Anne and Stuart

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
There are newer reviews for Tigh Na Leigh

Reviewed February 17, 2013

Just back from Tigh Na Leigh after taking advantage of their valentine's getaway offer, which consisted of a three course candle lit dinner and bed and breakfast. Chris and Bettina were perfect hosts, really chatty and made us feel right at home. Food was fantastic as was the wine, Alan is really fussy with food and usually finds it hard to eat in certain places but he thoroughly enjoyed it. Had a great time and will definitely be back.
Beth & Alan x

Room Tip: Tigh Na Leigh has a wide variety of rooms and are perfect for every need. If you're after your o...
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 10, 2013 via mobile

I stayed in this lovely guest house for the first time in 2011 and had sang its praises so much that when my sister was visiting from the States I just had to take her. We stayed at the end of August and although the weather was rotten (typical Scotland!) the welcome couldn't have been warmer. We stayed in the twin room and it was lovely, warm and clean. It had a jacuzzi bath which I had to take advantage of. We had both dinner and breakfast at the guest house and, as previously, the food was wonderful. We did go into the village for a drink but as we were both tired we then went back and took advantage of the extensive DVD collection and had a great nights sleep. My brother and sister got me a gift voucher for Christmas so I can't wait to back for another visit. Can't recommend this place highly enough.

• Stayed: August 2012
Reviewed November 30, 2012

Fantastic guest house with friendly owner/hosts. We enjoyed two nights dinner and breakfast and the room with four poster bed and spa bath, . Chris & Bettina encouraged us to make full use of the sitting room, tv lounge, dvd's etc. We will be back!

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 21, 2012

My wife and I have been visiting Tign Na Leigh for the last four or five years and we have never been disappointed. Bettina and Chris are great hosts, and the accomodation and food are second to none. If you are looking for a base to explore this part of Scotland, you will find none better than Tign Na Leigh.

However, families with children should note, I doubt whether this hotel would be suitable for children who are not close to or in their teens.

Room Tip: All the rooms are good, but my wife and I prefer the suite, which I think is Room 3. It faces the ma...
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 10, 2012

I stayed over at Tigh Na Leigh for 3 nights in October 2012. I was working in the area and found my stay very relaxed and comfortable.

I had room 1, a single room. The bed was sized somewhere between a single bed and double, so nice and comfy. The bedroom had some nice facilities, DVD players, Freeview TV, coffee tray etc.
The bathroom was amazing, the bath had a jacuzzi bath, and plenty of freebies (shampoo etc)

Chris & Bettina where lovely hosts, Due to starting work early in the morning i missed getting a cooked breakfast, however they organised me some fresh fruit, and cereals to be left out each morning - not everyone does this for guests.

Next time im working in the area i will be staying here again!

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed October 3, 2012

Walking the Cateran Trail, the Tigh na Leigh guesthouse was the best place for us we've ever stayed in.
The environment, the old building combined with a modern touch. All made by the very friendly owners Chris & Bettina who give the guests a very warm welcome and make them feel at home.
The house and garden are very beautiful and the room & bathroom were great. Sorry Bettina, but we didn't use the spa ;)
Chris is a very excellent cook which made the stay at the Tigh na Leigh complete for us after a long day of walking.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with friends
Also consider these accommodations in or near Alyth
Lands of Loyal Hotel
#5 of 18 in Pitlochry
Kinloch House
Kinloch House
#2 of 5 in Blairgowrie

Been to Tigh Na Leigh? Share your experiences!