All reviewsguest housespa bathfour postersingle roomattention to detailhigh standardfresh fruitlarge gardenperfect staytv loungebrilliant hostsnew ownersplaces to visittop classhouse is beautifully decoratedeggs benedictevening meal was delicious
Reviewed November 30, 2012

Fantastic guest house with friendly owner/hosts. We enjoyed two nights dinner and breakfast and the room with four poster bed and spa bath, . Chris & Bettina encouraged us to make full use of the sitting room, tv lounge, dvd's etc. We will be back!

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 21, 2012

My wife and I have been visiting Tign Na Leigh for the last four or five years and we have never been disappointed. Bettina and Chris are great hosts, and the accomodation and food are second to none. If you are looking for a base to explore this part of Scotland, you will find none better than Tign Na Leigh.

However, families with children should note, I doubt whether this hotel would be suitable for children who are not close to or in their teens.

Room Tip: All the rooms are good, but my wife and I prefer the suite, which I think is Room 3. It faces the main road, but traffic noise is not an issue, and has a sitting area separate from the bedroom.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 10, 2012

I stayed over at Tigh Na Leigh for 3 nights in October 2012. I was working in the area and found my stay very relaxed and comfortable.

I had room 1, a single room. The bed was sized somewhere between a single bed and double, so nice and comfy. The bedroom had some nice facilities, DVD players, Freeview TV, coffee tray etc.
The bathroom was amazing, the bath had a jacuzzi bath, and plenty of freebies (shampoo etc)

Chris & Bettina where lovely hosts, Due to starting work early in the morning i missed getting a cooked breakfast, however they organised me some fresh fruit, and cereals to be left out each morning - not everyone does this for guests.

Next time im working in the area i will be staying here again!

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed October 3, 2012

Walking the Cateran Trail, the Tigh na Leigh guesthouse was the best place for us we've ever stayed in.
The environment, the old building combined with a modern touch. All made by the very friendly owners Chris & Bettina who give the guests a very warm welcome and make them feel at home.
The house and garden are very beautiful and the room & bathroom were great. Sorry Bettina, but we didn't use the spa ;)
Chris is a very excellent cook which made the stay at the Tigh na Leigh complete for us after a long day of walking.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed October 3, 2012

My boyfriend organised a surprise weekend away and came across Tigh Na Leigh online and was attracted to it by the number of great reviews left by previous people. It was a fantastic surprise for me, and certainly lived up to the other reviews! On arrival Chris met us and showed us around the Guest House, the extensive DVD collection, the lovely spacious dining area, the large garden, and finally upstairs to our room. My boyfriend had phoned the guest house to book instead of using late rooms and was offered the room with the 4 post bed (this is not available online, best to phone them direct!). This room does not disappoint, it is a spacious room with all the amenities you need for a trip away, and the bed is emperor sized and amazing! We had dinner at Tigh Na Leigh on our first night and the food was great, very high quality. Bettina and Chris are fantastic hosts and have some amazing stories about previous jobs, which particularly interested myself. They allowed us to look around the other rooms and they are all different but all have the same high quality of decoration. They definitely have a great eye for detail and the whirlpool bath was the icing on the cake! Overall a fantastic Guest House and I have recommended it to all my friends and family and definitely intend on staying there again!

Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple