“Consistently best”

Strathmore Golf Centre Restaurant
Ranked #1 of 7 Restaurants in Alyth
Cuisines: British, Scottish
Good for: Local cuisine, Special occasions, Large groups, Business meetings, Families with children, Dining on a budget, Scenic view, Kids
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Brunch, Breakfast, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Television, Validated Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Open to the public and I have never seen a restaurant in a golf centre as busy as this one. Packed and really good.
Scotland
“Consistently best”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 8, 2013

This restaurant has been built up from modest beginnings to a top class place to go for excellent food at reasonable prices, combined with efficient and friendly service and terrific views.

Dundee, United Kingdom
“Lovely food very disappointed with the chipped plates”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 8, 2013

Went with my husband to celebrate our Anniversary. The food was lovely however I was disappointed with the chipped plates. My husband's starter had 3 chips out of his plate this was pointed out to the waitress, when my main meal came I had three dishes again all of these had three chips in each dish, I asked the waitress to take them away and bring back dishes that were not chipped. At the end of the meal I was asked if I enjoyed my meal, which I did, but I told her that four of our dishes were badly chipped, the waitress said she would pass this on to the manager. Please dispose of all your chipped dishes, it is not nice being served up mealsl with chipped dishes.

1 Thank Perth57186518
Polmont, Scotland, United Kingdom
“Great food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 5, 2013

If you love food this is the place to go, service was quick and if you asked for food that was not on the menu they can serve it no problem

1 Thank Maureen N
Dundee
“Lovely Food but Service NOT good”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 1, 2013

We visited this Restaurant On Easter Sunday, family of 6 plus baby. This is our third time to Strathmore Golf Restaurant and although the food was very good as always, the service was really bad. Although it was Easter Sunday it wasn't full, but clearly the staff were overstretched.; We waited ages for our main course and were without a second drink for about 20 minutes. At no point were we asked if eveything was okay with our meal. We were wishing a starter but as our baby was getting a bit fretful we decided to forgo this as we didn;t have the time to wait. Even when attempting to get the bill at the end proved impossible, so I then went to the bar to pay and had to wait about 10 minutes. The lady serving at the bar still didn't ask if my meal was okay so I mentioned to her that although the food was excellent, I was very disappointed with the service, she said was sorry but I am afraid to say she didn;t sound like she meant it. Therefore we will not be returning.

• Visited March 2013
7 Thank Denise A
Glasgow, United Kingdom
“A nice walk from Alyth”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 27, 2013

Visited for a bar lunch following a cold and snowy Tuesday walk in late March.

Decent menu in pleasant surroundings with friendly and attentive service. We were welcomed and not treated as strangers.

The golf course also looked inviting and we plan to return in more seasonal weather to play a few holes.

Visited March 2013