“Lovely food and setting”
Review of Talbot Inn

Talbot Inn
Cuisines: British
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed September 18, 2013

Met friends for lunch- had two courses for £10 menu- it was advertised outside - we had to ask for it and were offered certain items from the specials and normal menu. The food was great and very good value although the service was somewhat slow from being offered the menu to our order being taken etc. The restaurant was busy and it did not bother us that much as we were busy catching up.

Talbotinnnewnhambrid, Owner at Talbot Inn, responded to this reviewResponded September 19, 2013

I am so pleased you enjoyed your recent lunch with us and found the Talbot both good value and offering great food. Apologies if you had too wait a little longer than you would have liked - lunches can be tricky with a large number of diners arriving at the same time - still no excuse but rather something for us to work on. We look forward to welcoming you back, perhaps for dinner next time. Kind regards, Ian Dowling, owner.

There are newer reviews for Talbot Inn

Reviewed September 16, 2013

My husband and I had brought our two young daughters to Ludlow Food Festival. We stumbled on this restaurant after finding all the pubs in nearby Tenbury Wells were closed at 6pm on a Saturday (what's that about). We had no expectations just pleased to find somewhere open - what a pleasant surprise we had. The food was delicious and the separate children's menu offered something for everyone (even the fussiest of children). Everything was beautifully cooked with good portion sizes. The puddings were to die for. We enjoyed the meal so much we went back the next day for Sunday roast - we were not disappointed. Although we live 150 miles away we will return.

Talbotinnnewnhambrid, Owner at Talbot Inn, responded to this reviewResponded September 16, 2013

Many thanks for taking the time to review your two meals with us last Saturday and Sunday. Having two young children myself I know how frustrating it is not being able to find somewhere open before 6pm. Anyway I am delighted you found us and frequented the Talbot on two consecutive evenings - a great endorsement! If you are returning next year to the Ludlow Food Festival please do bear in mind we also have seven lovely bedrooms ( one large family room) - it would be a pleasure to host you and your family!
Kind regards, Ian Dowling, owner.

Reviewed September 15, 2013

I looked for somewhere to stay for Ludlow Food Festival and the Talbot Inn, about 10 miles from Ludlow, was the closest I could find. Reviews looked OK so I booked. Talbt Inn Looked relatively ordinary from the road, but proved to be much better than I expected. Staff were pleasant, friendly and helpful. My room was good, bed extremely comfortable and en suite shower room was very well fitted out. I ate there on each of the three nights I stayed, the food was superb every time and the service was very good even when they were busy. The price of the meals is commensurate with the high quality, so it isn't cheap but is, in my opinion, good value for money. Free wifi had good range and speed (measured at 6mbps on Sunday night) The A456 was outside my window but was not at all busy or noisy during the evening or night.
An excellent place to stay.

Many thanks for taking the time to review your recent stay with us and I am delighted you enjoyed your three night stay with us. It has been a very busy weekend with the Ludlow Food Festival and it is a great boost for our team to read reviews which reflect all the hard work that they put in to making the Talbot a success. We do hope you visit again next year (or sooner!). Kind regards, Ian Dowling, owner.

Reviewed September 6, 2013

The first time we visited this revamped Inn the food was excellent. So with great expectations we returned. The fish was described as something I've never heard of which I now believe to be vietnamese catfish. It was watery and tasteless and the batter was almost burnt. At these prices one could reasonable expect cod or haddock. I would even settle for pollack or whiting. When we made our displeasure clear we were told that chef said people preferred a crisp batter. It was over cooked beyond belief. What a shame because great attention has been paid to the ambience and decor. Service is slightly stuffy. A disappointment .

Talbotinnnewnhambrid, Owner at Talbot Inn, responded to this reviewResponded September 10, 2013

Thanks for taking the time to wrote a review, albeit three months after your visit. I am sorry you found our food not to your liking which is a great shame, particularly as you have say you dined with us previously and found our food excellent. Without more details of your meal I cannot comment in detail but suffice to say that the fish we use for our beer battered fish is currently Hake and is very popular. As usual, with any customer dissatisfaction aired on a public and anonymous forum such as Tripadvisor, I would ask you to call me directly at the Talbot Inn on 01584 781941 so I can clarify and then rectify this issue. Kind regards, Ian Dowling, owner.

Reviewed September 3, 2013

We were visiting the area for a week, picked the Talbot from Tripadvisor for Sunday lunch. We had a huge dog with us, and nothing was too much trouble for them. The food was great and good value. We went again for an evening meal, same deal, very welcoming, great bunch of locals providing atmosphere.

1  Thank Chris H
Talbotinnnewnhambrid, Owner at Talbot Inn, responded to this reviewResponded September 5, 2013

Many thanks for taking the time to review your recent Sunday lunch and following evening meal with us. Great to hear you enjoyed both visits and we do hope you can return very soon! Kind regards, Ian Dowling, owner.