“Lovely restaurant”
Review of The Peacock Inn

The Peacock Inn
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Head chef is french, so english food with a french twist
Reviewed July 9, 2014

Came here on a recommendation as we were staying locally. Ate the 'normal' menu and couldn't ask for anything more - great food, service, friendly atmosphere. Would definitely come back and we are looking forward to trying the tapas menu. Definitely worth reserving. Also note paucity of local taxis - worth booking in advance if you need one!

Reviewed July 8, 2014

Had a very nice meal here, they only do tapas style lunch menu but the quantity and quality was excellent. Will go there again.

Reviewed July 1, 2014

Went here for the fist time on Father's day. Had the roast beef, medium. Everything was just right for me. Beef cooked to perfection, excellent veg and the roasties? Well I was in heaven. Dessert to finish things off.I left a happy, if not slightly larger bloke. Highly recommended.

Reviewed May 28, 2014 via mobile

My hubby and I called here for lunch on our way to ludlow. We were pleasantly suprised when we were told they served tapas for their lunch menu ~ something we both love. We selected a couple of dishes each and agreed to share. What a feast when it arrived with a lovely selection of dips. Everything tasted fresh, zesty and piping hot. We enjoyed all of the dishes and they were all of equal quality. Although some way from home we will definitely return soon.

Reviewed May 14, 2014

This was our second visit in less than a year, so our expectations were high.

Beers include Hobson's (the local brew, oddly they don't have one called 'Choice'....)

The first time around I had the Carpaccio of Salmon as a starter and loved it, so this time I went for the terrine of the day (chicken parfait) which was really smooth and tasty. My colleague had the salmon and was very happy with it.

For the main course I had the Roast cod with mashed potato and deep-fried leeks. The fish, potato and sauce were all excellent, but the leeks had been shredded and the result was like very fine crunchy noodles and the essential leekiness had gone. I don't know if anyone's invented it yet, but I'd have preferred the leeks to have been cut into small pieces and done in a tempura or beer batter. Just a thought.

Anyway, niggling aside, this place has great character and atmosphere and is well worth a visit.

1  Thank Kenarf