“An idyllic sanctuary of calm”
Review of Brook Farm

Brook Farm
“An idyllic sanctuary of calm”
Reviewed February 5, 2013

We've just got back from two nights at Brook Farm. To describe it as a B&B does not do it justice. From the moment we arrived to be warmly greeted by Willie and Sarah with tea and home made cakes to the lovely home they let us briefly share, everything was perfect. They really do think of everything. The bedroom, sitting room and bathroom are all beautifully furnished and it felt like a home away from home. We hope to return later in the year.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank ChrisAyl
Sarahwint, Owner at Brook Farm, responded to this review, February 8, 2013
Thank you very much for your review. I really feel I ought to confess to all that my homemade cakes are indeed homemade but not by me! My lovely friend Jacqui makes them and makes them very well - very much better than me! So I'm glad you enjoyed them and I will tell her so and make sure she keeps making them for all my guests! Really look forward to your return. Sarah

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
cheltenham
Reviewed January 20, 2013

I have been working in Tenbury and I have been staying two nights a week at Brook Farm.... Best nights sleep ever and when I am in late Sarah always greets me with coffee and a cake. The sitting room has a wood burner a very welcome sight after a hard day at work
I would heartily recommend this place if you want to explore Tenbury Chrissy

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank skiingnowCheltenham
Sarahwint, Owner at Brook Farm, responded to this review, January 22, 2013
Thank you Chrissy! It's a real pleasure to have you! You're part of the furniture now :-) Sarah
Wirral
Reviewed September 3, 2012

I needed a quick overnight stay near to a company I was visiting in Tenbury. I Googled the area and found Brook Farm. I got a little lost as my Sat Nav directed me down a few single track roads, but this just added to the experience.

I stayed in the farm house, which was quites simply the most welcoming, relaxing experience I had encountered for many years. My job involves international travel, so to find a truely secluded hideaway in the country reminded me about he important values in life...really!

Excellent food, bedroom, welcome glass of beer, home from home sitting room and a log fire to cap off a most relaxing overnight stay. I work within the food industry, so I can be a bit fussy, but Brook Farm ticked all the boxes for me. Plus I have never felt the need to comment on Trip Advisor until now, as I guess have never stayed anywhere that I felt was worth my time to comment on, until now that is!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
2 Thank Jeff W
Sarahwint, Owner at Brook Farm, responded to this review, September 5, 2012
Gosh thank you! We don't get many business travellers here so it is so nice to hear that you enjoyed your brief stay here and felt welcome and relaxed. That's what we're aiming for - so thanks so much for taking the time to tell us we've got it about right! Sarah
London
Reviewed August 27, 2012

We came home yesterday from a second amazing week at the Hen House at Brook Farm. We stayed there last August, and this August was just as wonderful as before (although with the rainy spring/summer, we did need wellies this year!). Sarah and Willie are tremendous hosts and have thought of everything you can possibly need, including an amazing array of provisions in the cottage (sausages, bacon, mushrooms, eggs, tomatoes, bread, butter, milk and the nicest granola I've ever had - Sarah gave me the company's name (Shropshire Granola)). We had an incredibly relaxing week, and we'll head back. Sarah let us have a look around the new Hop Pickers cottage, and it looks beautiful. We might stay there next time!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
3 Thank JenniferY
Sarahwint, Owner at Brook Farm, responded to this review, September 5, 2012
It was lovely to welcome you back again and I'm really glad you had a good time - thanks obviously to the Shropshire Granola :-) Glad you like the look of the Hoppickers House - I'm so pleased with it. See you soon, Sarah x
Harpenden
Reviewed April 3, 2012

We stayed at the Hen House on Brook Farm the weekend of the 23rd to 26th March 2012. We had a wonderful time the house was lovely and perfectly set out. It had everything that we needed. It was great being able to take our two dogs with us too, they loved the local walks and beautiful countryside. Sarah and Willie's garden is truly wonderful and we had a lovely walk along the brook.

The special platter that Sarah provided us with was delicious and consisted of cheeses, meats, bread, salad and a yummy chutney. We would highly recommend this. We were also provided with some local cider which went down a treat.

We had a wonderful stay and will be recommending this to all our friends.

Charlie and Jo Cross

• Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank JOJOmcHarpenden
Sarahwint, Owner at Brook Farm, responded to this review, April 4, 2012
Thank you very much for that - it was a pleasure to have you here and glad you had some nice walks. Am just working on a list of walks in the area right now. So you better come back and make sure you tried them all!! Sarah x
South Wales
Reviewed March 16, 2012

Brook Farm is an absolutely first class country retreat, straight out of the pages of 'Country Living' magazine. We stayed in the 'Hen House' for a well needed 3 night break in March 2012, after finding Brook Farm on TripAdvisor. We were very impressed by the many positive reviews so decided to see if it lived up to its reputation...it certainly did....with bells on!! The accommodation was well decorated, warm, clean and very comfortable for a couple on a quest for a quiet few days in one of the most beautiful areas of the UK. The owners obviously care about their business and their guests, and this is apparent at every turn. Great care is put into the decor..very 'chic & unique', and the thoughtful little touches such as the lovely homemade cake left for us with a little note of welcome, a very ample breakfast box containing locally sourced ingredients for a cooked breakfast, bottles of local cider to quench ones thirst on arrival, and everything gels into a very rare and wonderful experience.
Well done Sarah Wint....so sorry we couldn't meet you on this occasion, but we will be back as soon as work and life allows. Will was very helpful by the way, and the dogs,cats,chickens and donkeys all did their bit with promoting the Brook Farm experience!

Room Tip: We stayed at the self-contained 'Hen House', but we would imagine that anywhere on Brook Far...
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank RangeRover29
Sarahwint, Owner at Brook Farm, responded to this review, March 20, 2012
Thank you very much for that - really very flattering and only ever so slightly disconcerting that my presence is actually not required for people to have a nice stay here! I very much look forward to meeting you next time. Sarah x
Leicester, United Kingdom
Reviewed February 2, 2012

I took my girlfriend to the Hen House at Brook Farm for a weekend back in December (the lapse in time between my stay and my review is nothing more than my bad organisation!) and can easily say that it was one of the best weekends away I have had.

The occasion was to propose to my girlfriend and after trawling the internet, I stumbled across Brook Farm and so gave Sarah a call to check it out. I explained my circumstance and she talked me through firstly what she could offer and then what the local area would have available at the time of our visit, from the off she couldn’t do enough and she offered plenty of ideas on how to make the weekend a special and memorable one for us both.

Once I had read the reviews already on TripAdvisor, my mind was made up and I booked out the self-contained building ‘The Hen House’ and then at the same time I booked a meal at la Bécasse on Sarah’s recommendation to round off the first night of a 3 night stay.

Sarah clearly put a lot of thought and effort into everything for us; knowing my plan to propose, she had arranged for the lounge in the main house to be free on the Friday so we could spend the late afternoon by the log fire with a fresh brew of tea and some warm mince pies, providing the perfect setting for me to pop the question.

With the nerves subsiding slightly and a Fiance in tow, Sarah took us over to the Hen House to take us through the basics, after which we agreed on a time for breakfast and she left us to it. The house was perfect; well decorated, cosy, quaint, thought through, well sized and I could go on and on. Serious thought had been put into the whole building and had clearly evolved over time to end up with what is a great business in a great location which is far enough away to feel remote but a short drive away from most points of interest.

Sarah was always around and on hand to help with planning, make recommendations or simply for a quick chat, which helped shape our weekend and make us feel at home.

All-in-all, I would recommend a visit here to anyone as it is without doubt the best value for money UK trip I have had.

Did I mention the breakfasts? No?? it's worth the stay just for that! My favourite must have been the smoked fish scrambled egg, I really didn’t want to leave the table but my fiancé eventually dragged me away…

Room Tip: The Hen House
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Joseph B
Sarahwint, Owner at Brook Farm, responded to this review, February 4, 2012
Ah it was nice to be in on the surprise and a pleasure to help get things right! It'll be lovely to welcome you back as Mr & Mrs :-) Sarah x
Also consider these accommodations in or near Tenbury Wells
#4 of 5 in Tenbury Wells
The Hills Farm
The Hills Farm
#1 of 1 in Leysters

Been to Brook Farm? Share your experiences!