“The tastiest burger !”

Got a photo?
Add it.
Top Deck
Reviewed June 17, 2014

Fab food, nice Beer ! Genuinely nice staff I felt really comfortable loved the Decor really different and unusual. A newly opened place well worth a visit.

Reviewed June 17, 2014

Atmosphere - There was no-one else there at 6pm.

Food - For a burger place which seems to advertise it's use of local farms, there was nothing that stood out as being extra special, or even special for that matter. The burger bun fell apart in my hand and it wasn't a brioche roll, which I'd come to expect from any burger joint these days. The chips were not fully cooked (still frozen inside) and considering we were the only customers, it shouldn't be too difficult a task. The patty itself was very average.

Value - Terrible, considering the quality of ingredients used, and the fact that no replacement was offered for the undercooked chips. My friend got a mushroom burger, which included one tiny portobello mushroom - they even forgot to include the piece of bacon that was ordered as a topping on the burger.

Service - The service was okay, but the fact that nothing was offered for free or discounts provided given how many issues there were, was disappointing. When asked why the half rack of ribs consisted of 3 ribs and a slice of lettuce, the response was "i don't know... my manager...."

I went to Top Deck feeling excited about a good burger joint in Stockton Heath, however I came away thinking that a place has opened up serving burgers without any real commitment or passion for making good ones.

3  Thank T4nn3r
Reviewed June 17, 2014

Got the half rack of ribs which is around £5.50, comes in a big plate and you have three tiny ribs stuck in the middle. I always thought there were more in half a rack, particularly when you are paying that for a starter (though noted Stockton Heath is on the expensive side).

Missed one of the toppings off my burger, chips were undercooked with several raw in the middle and the bread for the burgers is not great. A shame as normally all places in Stockton Heath are of very high quality.

2  Thank Gary17280
Reviewed June 16, 2014 via mobile

Sorry to say I can't see top deck lasting long. The decor is cheap looking. Not a nice atmoshpire. The menu is very limited. The burger was tasteless, as was the coleslaw. The half rack of ribs tasted ok but I was served just 3, (so not half a rack as advertised) The loaded potatoes had been microwaved, so soggy skins. The food wasn't presented well. Shame as the village could benifit from a trendy American grill style restaurant/bar. but we won't be returning. If you want good anerican grub go to Reds BBQ in manchester.

1  Thank Sophie1111B
Reviewed June 2, 2014

This is our second trip to Top Deck and certainly won't be our last. The food is always perfectly cooked and presented; the staff can't do enough for you! We were so spoiled for choice, we almost ordered one of everything! The drinks list is also excellent; we'd highly recommend the draught ales. Top Deck achieves the perfect balance of American cuisine and atmosphere, with none of the tacky gimmicks you get in chain diners.

2  Thank LauraJP3