“Lovely food with friendly service”
Review of Butterfly - CLOSED

Butterfly
Cuisines: Chinese
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed December 15, 2012 via mobile

I visited here for dinner mid-week whilst I was working in the area. I was on my own but the staff were very welcoming and friendly so I didn't feel uncomfortable. The food was very nice with generous portions. Would definitely recommend this restaurant to others.

1  Thank Laurinda B

Reviewed December 11, 2012

This was the first time I have visited this restaurant. It was nice decor and the service was good (we were pretty much the only people in the restaurant at the time). The food was plentiful but the quality was very patchy. The mixed starters were okay but the next course of beef / chicken kebabs was poor. The meat was very chewy / fatty and I very quickly gave up on them. The next course of aromatic duck was good. The main course contained too much food (not a complaint)but again the quality of the dishes in this course were very mixed. The meal was average / poor overall and I will probably not return (which is a shame as the restaurant itself was very nice).

Reviewed November 21, 2012

Visited Butterfly last Friday with a party of 10 from my work. I couldn’t say didn’t enjoy the food – it was all nice enough, however I am a bit spoilt when it comes to Chinese (lived in Manchester and always ate in an amazing restaurant in China Town, and I’ve also lived in Hong Kong – authentic as you can get) so I can’t say it blew me away.

We ordered the 4 course banquet which was £22.50 each and in my opinion fantastic value. As always happens on a banquet by the time all of the starters were done we were all full when the main courses arrived!!

Negative Points: I found a couple of the fried starters a little mushy and not as tasty as I hoped. The spring roll was very “wet” inside and didn’t seem to have much of filling, and there was a triangular parcel with some kind of white mixture in which was a little odd and tasteless. The filling reminded me of a chicken pasty! I didn’t enjoy the sweet and sour pork which came with the main courses as I found it very greasy tasting. The duck in orange sauce was also not very nice as it just tasted like duck and orange juice! Probably that’s just down to personal taste though rather than there was anything wrong with it.

Positive points: The shredded duck pancakes were lovely, as was the hot and sour soup to start (although could have been spicier). The best dish of all of the mains was the chicken satay – very tasty and nice and spicy too. The king prawns in back bean sauce were also really nice and cooked well too (not overcooked to a rubbery mess!!). The staff were very polite and as I’ve mentioned the banquet was very good value for money.

All in all, a nice enough meal, but I would suggest trying the Choy Hing in Grappenhall which is only an extra 10 mins away as I think this is nicer. The best Chinese in Cheshire in my opinion is the Fortune Palace in Delamere.

Reviewed October 17, 2012

Met up with my brother who was working in Daresbury and we decided to try The Butterfly Chinese restaurant in nearby Stockton Heath. Quite a big restaurant, nicely decorated. Staff were great, the service was quick and the food was excellent. Big portions of ribs, and really tasty main courses. Really enjoyed our meal and will definitely go back again.

Reviewed October 9, 2012

Liked the food, a little on the quiet side at lunch time. Staff were keen to help/advise and gave good service. Lots of choice on menu, but it does work out quite expensive for a lunch time meal