“Very disappointing return visit”
Review of Tom at 101

Tom at 101
Reserve with OpenTable
Tom at 101 is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Good for: Special occasions
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Description: Tom at 101 - Bar, Grill & Late Lounge opened its doors in March 2004 and has been serving quality modern English cuisine to the village of Stockton Heath and the wider Warrington area ever since. The restaurant is family-owned and independently run by Tom Rogers and his sons.
Reviewed July 12, 2013

We went to Toms last night and disappointed is an understatement. We asked for the air con unit to be switched on but the waiter said he wouldn't as he would have to mop it if it leaked. The waitress then got our drinks order mixed up and eventually brought over a warm bottle of white wine. Not the best of starts.

The garlic bread and duck starters were nice to be fair but the tagliatelle and piri piri chicken dishes were very poor. The waitress forgot our side dishes and when asked she said that she forgot to put the order in. She then forgot to bring over another round of drinks that we ordered and at that point we decided to leave. I overpaid by £5 and she then decided that it was a tip before even offering me the change. Toms has never let us down before but better quality and value can be found elsewhere.

2  Thank DansTours

Reviewed July 8, 2013

After a nice business meal at Tom at 101. I took my family back and the second time around I was very dissapointed. We arrived early evening and it was very quiet. I ordered a steak and found the service was slow and the staff were not very attentive. When the meals arrived my meal had none of the trimmings ie was just a steak on its own? I pointed out that the menu said it came with veg or salad and was told that I didnt ask for it??? I asked if I could have salad so I could eat with my family and I was tolld I would need to pay extra?

On balance one good meal but one very poor one?

Reviewed July 7, 2013

Just been to visit this place with the wife, i had high expectations as i have heard positive murmurs however i was very disappointed. On arrival the place seemed lovely and was greeted by a friendly young waiter, all seemed good, that was until we sat down. We were seated next to a window where the once white sill was almost black with dirt and bits of paint splashes all over it. The walls next to us were also covered in dirt and bits of food and drink that have been spilt in the past. If that was not enough the place was overrun with flies, we spent most of the night batting them away. The toilets were even worse you have to walk down narrow sectioned off area of the restaurant to get to the toilet dodging racks of coats and high chairs stacked against the wall, to get into a bathroom which wouldn't look out of place in a run down pub, the walls and floors covered in unmentionables, the radiators paint flaking off and generally did not live up to the standard you would expect.

As a positive side the food we have was to an okay standard, and the staff and clientele in the restaurant made for a pleasant atmosphere despite the grotty surroundings.

Reviewed June 30, 2013

Overrated , very loud , squeezed into a corner , poor service , wine choice was served at body temp and not the lovely chilled crisp dry white I was expecting , food was pretentious without substance sorry I won't be making a return visit ..

Reviewed June 28, 2013

Went for pre dinner drinks before eating nearby - Lovely atmosphere, helped by the fact it was a lovely sunny evening. Great Mojitos which were a good strength and very well presented. Staff friendly - nice clean loos - a good experience :-)