“Standards never fail!”

Pan Y Vino
Cuisines: Spanish
Good for: Large groups, Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Description: Spanish owned & run tapas bar & restaurant, serving authentic Spanish tapas, wines, sangrias & beers
Reviewed February 26, 2014

Another great meal at Pan y Vino, so much to choose from to meet everyone's needs. We were a party of 6, young couple with their respective parents, (us) everyone enjoyed the food, the service was brilliant and as ever, nothing was too much trouble! We like this place as it is very informal and creates a great atmoshphere, you always feel relaxed. The menu provides so much variety, and as always I find it very difficult to choose, but the great thing is that because of the choice and because it's tapas, everyone can share! Great value for money too. Will definitely be back, again and again. Would recommend to couples, and parties, great venue for all!

Reviewed February 1, 2014 via mobile

Great fresh food experience spoilt by unattentive waiting staff.
We waited a long time for drinks etc
Starters not cleared when mains arrived. Starters delivered but table not set .. Nothing major but several little things that spoilt popping out for a few tapas !
Management - pat on the back for those in the kitchen ... Front of house needs some work

Reviewed January 12, 2014

I went to Pan y Vino for the second time recently to celebrate my boyfriend's birthday. The food is tasty, comes in large portions, and is well priced. The menu offers quite a selection of all the standard Spanish tapas as well as some more unusual dishes. There is plenty to choose from and the menu recommends how many tapas to order per person, depending on how hungry you are! The food is much better quality than chain restaurants like La Tasca, some of the tapas we tried were deep fried crispy whitebait with aioli, gambas pil pil, and chicken croquetas. In hindsight we probably ordered a few too many deep fried things, so next time I'll be trying some of the vegetable dishes as well! The only thing that was not so good was that a few of the dishes arrived only lukewarm, but when we told the waitress she promptly brought us new portions. We will still be visiting here again as the food is good and it is a nice place for a relaxed evening out.

Reviewed January 8, 2014

For the first time my partner and I decided to attend the New Year's Eve event which was based on a set menu. The food was varied and as always delicious with a very broad/varied selection of tapas etc. My partner is allergic to shellfish and therefore the restaurant agreed to change our menu. The atmosphere and service were superb with a dj entertaining until the early hours. It was a very memorable evening and one that I would definitely recommend to anyone.

1  Thank paul d
Reviewed January 4, 2014 via mobile

Have eaten here 7-8 times on different days and at different times and it's been great. The tapas is some of the best I have eaten and the wine choice is excellent. Love the fact I can always enjoy a Carlos 1 brandy and coffee with my dessert as many places do not stock this fantastic Spanish brandy. Most recently ate here this eve with my partner- food was fab. I can highly recommend the pork ribs and boquerones. For dessert we had the chocolate tart which was heavenly. If you like good authentic tapas and a decent Spanish experience this place is not to be missed.