“Another visit”

Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Boston, Massachusetts
“Another visit”
Reviewed June 4, 2014

This time, it was fresh local grouper. Octopus Galician style to start. Also some king prawns -- ruby red and perfectly cooked, a half portion. My mother had little baby soles, perfectly fried -- a light and crispy batter. The white wine was from the Cadiz area, Antonio Barbadillo.

Too full to even consider desert, a hefty pour of Carlos I brandy, an espresso ... time to waddle to the car.

If you are thinking of the best of Spanish pescados ... this is the place.

• Visited May 2014
5 Thank Brett L

Granada Nicaragua
“Great fish”
Reviewed May 28, 2014

If fish is on your mind this is the place to go. Nothing else on the menu. But what i had...the octopus Galician style was great.

They have 1/2 portions of many dishes, so you can try different things.

Spacious...good space between tables...good service...fresh fish on display.

• Visited May 2014
5 Thank Amen9
Strand, South Africa
“Fresh Fresh Fresh”
Reviewed April 22, 2014 via mobile

Our hotel Doña Luisa recommended this restaurant. The portions are huge. We had two "small" salads and 1/2 portion of grilled squid to start. My spouse is not a great fish eater and would have liked to order sole, but the German lady next to us, ordered this and since everything is fresh and caught that day, they only had one sole. But because the starter was really huge we cancelled one of the main courses anyway. I ordered the grilled sea brass. Delicious! We did not take any dessert. By the previous review and the reaction of the German husband at the table next to us, it was good that we gave it a miss. I can definitely recommend this restaurant but would only one small salad to share and 2 main courses!

6 Thank CarolinaMillin
Boston, Massachusetts
“Absolutely amazing”
Reviewed February 11, 2014

I am not prone to over rating restaurants. But I cannot stress what a find this is.

It is located in the back streets of Sabinillas - itself a forgotten little seaside resort south of Marbella and Estepona. But don't let the exterior fool you (or the interior for that matter) this is the absolute best seafood restaurant on the Costa. Ok the desserts were - meh. But who cares when the focus is local fish from the fishing fleet that plies this coast.

Stepping into the place - simple white linen wooden chairs and tiled floor - you might think "what am I doing here?" There was even a smell of bleach from the floors. But the fish display at the door was unmistakable: only the freshest fish with glossy sheen and clear eyes were on display. That day's catch. The owner suggested a white wine (I have a picture that I can share of the label). Then the obligatory olives and fresh bread - oven hot. The appetizer: baby squid, deep fried served with lemon slices. Light, batter, perfectly fresh and perfectly fried. Little nuggets of sea - candy.

My main course: seared tuna belly. Seriously. Seared toro, my friends. Whole strips of belly. With new potatoes, sweated onions, a spicy compote of peppers, and green beans. I am drooling writing about this. That white wine? Absolute perfection with this. My mother had little soles quickly deep fried. A plate of five of them. Each begging to be eaten with the fingers with nothing but a squeeze of lemon. Caught that morning.

So the creme Catalana dessert was meh. Who cares? If you like seafood, this is it. Other people dining on different dishes had the same smug look on their faces: this is the mother load and I know it. So why am I not keeping this to myself? This is so good that it would be a crime for these guys not to succeed - and a crime for other foodies to miss.

• Visited February 2014