“So relaxed and lovely food”
Review of Rilex on the Beach - CLOSED

Rilex on the Beach
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed September 6, 2011

Went here on holidays, delicious! We went for the Argentinian Tapas, not something I ever thought I would be eating as I had never even heard of it! But it was gorgeous!! The selection we got was so delicious and beautifully made. Service was swift, friendly and we were left to our own devices which we loved. We weren't rushed at all.

Wine was divine and so reasonable, and went perfectly with the gorgeous lamb meatballs that we had ordered. And at the end of the meal, the waiter treated us to a drink which I thought was a nice touch. Lovely meal and a lovely setting!

1  Thank blonde1001

Reviewed August 12, 2011

I visited Rilex again with friends, my partner and daughter - on the request of my daughter who practically begged to go! Having not been for a few months we weren't disappointed, we had the same friendly service and the food was just as amazing as it always had been.

I had the sharomi kebab which comes served with salad, a garlic sauce and a chilli sauce and is utterly delicious. My partner and daughter both had burgers, which they devoured and our friends had a delicious satay and a chicken salad to share. The salad was huge and was easily shared between them, my partner helped them out too and I had a nibble of the satay, all of which was as delicious as it looked. The portions certainly don't let you down and the food is so unusual and tasty that it is worth every single penny, you simply won't find another restaurant like it in the area!

I've been told the Indonesian Tapas is to die for so I will definitely be returning again to try it!

1  Thank K28Kent
Reviewed July 8, 2011

I can't thank Rilex and Alex enough for the 3 amazing evenings we just had there, the food and service was second to none, I highly recommend that you just let Alex serve you his choice - delicious. See you soon Alex!! Julie xx

1  Thank jhal_11
Reviewed June 26, 2011

Rilex is the first restaurant I ever visited in Sabi and I've returned many times since. My daughter absolutely loves it in there and the last time I visited I took a friend and she said it was the best food she'd tasted since moving to Spain some months before - quite a compliment!

There's an extensive menu, my young daughter is a stickler for her "real" bacon baguette and my favourite has always been the sharomi kebab, which is absolutely delicious. However on visiting with my friend we discovered the menu del dia, which is an absolute bargain and the food was just as fantastic, fresh and home made as that of the main menu.

The atmosphere is great, Alex and his staff are keen to please and always go out of their way to ensure that you enjoy your meal. It's a definite must visit if you find yourself in Sabi, you won't find anything else like it in the area!

1  Thank K28Kent
Reviewed April 25, 2011

It was just a coincidence that we picked out Rilex from the many restaurants that can be found side by side along Paseo Marítimo in Sabinillas. But we definitely chose the right one!

They have a “menu del dia” which includes a starter, a main course and a dessert for about 10 euro’s. You can choose from two choices on each dish. This is an example of one day's specials:
For starters: cheese soup or melon and ham (both tested by us and found to be top quality),
for main course: pork skewer or fish and chips (read below)
and for dessert: amazing lemon cheesecake in a glass, tasty Dutch applepie, lovely tiramisu etc.etc.
The food is absolutely great, delicious flavours, beautifully served, all homemade from fresh ingredients, so I must say that the price is too cheap for this top quality. Of course they also have a larger menu that has a variety of delicious dishes in a very reasonable price as well.

One day my husband had a fish and chips dish from the day’s specials and although I can’t usually stand even the smell of fish, let alone the taste, he praised it so much that I had a bite. The next day I ordered my own portion of fish and chips and ate it all with a great big smile on my face. Truly fantastic! :-)

We went to Rilex many times during our two weeks stay and the food was always excellent what ever we chose on the menu. Thank you Alex and the family for wonderful service, delicious food and nice atmosphere!

1  Thank Ninni_Vesa