“Tough Fillet Steak”
3 of 5 bubbles Review of El Estribo

El Estribo
Cuisines: Steakhouse, Argentinean
Good for: Special occasions, Large groups, Business meetings, Scenic view, Kids, Families with children, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, Brunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Brentwood, United Kingdom
“Tough Fillet Steak”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 7, 2013 via mobile

We ate at El Estribo last Wednesday night. I started with Gambas Pil Pil which was very nice. I then ordered a Fillet Steak because I like my Steak to be tender and no fat. The Steak was tough and chewy and still had some fat attached. I have eaten Fillets in various steakhouses around the Coast and can honestly say that this was the most disappointing. How can Fillet be tough? Unless it was some other cut of meat! Lin had a Pasta dish that she said was excellent. I will not be going back here for a Steak.

Visited December 2013

Manchester
“excellent food”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 20, 2013

Have visited this place twice now.first time was in August at height of season.exceptionally busy and had to wait ages for a table.we waited that long we could not appreciate the food as we had gone passed it and drunk too much wine waiting to be seated.paid another visit in late September when it was much much better.prices are higher than other restaurants in the area but the food is of very good quality.we had an excellent meal.only other downside is price of most main meals do nit include vegetables so this does need to be taken on board. Nice atmosphere and amazing steaks.worth a try.

• Visited September 2013
Leighton Buzzard, United Kingdom
“Great steak night”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 11, 2013 via mobile

We had the best steak ever says my wife and I tend to agree not the cheapest but good food, great sangria and good deserts what more can you ask for and a full restaurant in November

Good night and great steak worth a visit

“Sublime Argentinian Steak”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 8, 2013

Nice restaurant on the seafront. Service at outside tables, beach hamacas and in the indoor restaurant. They do STEAK, and they do it very, very well indeed. There are other menu options, but why bother? Did I say they do STEAK? We try to eat here at least once each time we visit this quiet little coastal town (By-the-by our friend was taken ill the last time we ate here, and the staff could not be been more caring, and quietly helpful. Thanks)

• Visited November 2013
Dublin, Ireland
“Never fails”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 17, 2013

I travel the world for a living including to Argentina and I feel his restaurant is the closest to the real thing as you're going to get. I love returning here when visiting Du Quesa.

On this visit I tried the mixed empenadas which I had not noticed on the menu before and they where wonderful.
I had the fillet steak with cimmicurri (haven't a clue how to spell it) which practically melted in my mouth it was so tender. I loved the creamed spinach and sweet potato mash. Not sure where all these complaints of too much salt are coming from as from my experience sauces have always been placed to the side.
We had a wonderful bottle of Malbec to accompany our meal and the wonderful service by the staff was topped off with complimentary drinks at the end which was a lovely touch.

As always, HIGHLY recommended.

• Visited October 2013