“Best Steak on the Coast”
Review of El Estribo

El Estribo
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed November 6, 2012

An Argentinian Steakhouse not to be missed
Good choice of superb Steaks with fantastic side dishes.
Great to eat outside on the Paseo ( prom ) on a warm balmy night, but even better to eat inside in October during a storm !

1  Thank chad94

Reviewed November 3, 2012

Four and a half of us (half = seven year old!) visited El Estribo on Saturday. Yes it is not the cheapest in the area but the quality of the food was excellent and the service is good. All the steaks we chose were very tasty and cooked to perfection. My daughter opted for the child's steak and chips which she thoroughly enjoyed. My only problem with the place is that you get charged for "extra's" such as a jacket potato or chips. When you are paying €20 for a meal, to me this should not be an extra! If you want a good steak this is the place ...... But watch the extra charges!

Reviewed October 18, 2012

Simple non fussy restaurant. The fillet steak was one of the best I have ever had. All the side dishes are top drawer.Retaurant is right on the prom too.

Reviewed September 30, 2012

My boyfriend and I dined here on Thursday. The food was excellent we had the chautebriand for two and it was amazingly tender and the side dishes were suberb - particuarly the creamed spinach. Its not the cheapest restaurant in the part of the country but its worth it in my view.

Reviewed September 23, 2012

My wife and I returned to El Estribo this year as we enjoyed it so much when we last went to Sabinillas. It seems to have changed a lot and wants to be something "POSH" so that they can charge more. We were welcomed by Jennifer who was excellent and my wife chatted to her in Spanish for quite a while. We ordered our drinks and then our food and to be honest everything was overpriced. My steak was fine but a bit gristly, my wife ordered Creole Chicken but when it arrived there was no Mozzarella inside it(as per the menu). Jennifer checked with the chef who said to her "Oh I must have forgotten to put it in". No apology no nothing. We were both most disappointed with this.

In the UK we pay about £2.50/£3.50 for a glass of red wine at a good restaurant at El Estribo a mediocre wine was €4.50.

So all in all we say thank you to Jennifer but the rest of our experience means that we will not return to the rather pretentious El Estribo

1  Thank Paul W