Turaco Lodge(Marloth Park)
$123
$94
Savings alert! 15% below average rates

The price you found is 15% lower than this hotel's average rate of $111/night.

Jackalberry Ridge(Marloth Park)(Great Value!)
$47
Grand Kruger Lodge(Marloth Park)
$125
  • Breakfast included
Crocodile Kruger Safari Lodge(Marloth Park)(Great Value!)
$127
Needles Lodge(Marloth Park)
$131
Jabula Lodge(Marloth Park)
$104
$90
Mvuradona Safari Lodge(Marloth Park)
$118
  • Pool
Phumula Kruger Lodge and Safaris(Marloth Park)(Great Value!)
$59
  • Breakfast included
Royal Kruger Lodge(Marloth Park)
$166
Travelocity
  • Breakfast included
All reviewsother guestskruger national parkwonderful experiencemanager davidgame drivesthree course mealpersonal serviceold friendslike royaltystayed for nightsexcellent hospitalityrooms are beautifulhome away from homehis teamsafari guidesouth africathe river
Reviewed April 23, 2012

This was an impromptu trip for me and I was pleasantly surprised by the magnificent food, service and general hospitality!

It's a great family affair and nothing short of excellence.

• Stayed: April 2012
Reviewed April 16, 2012

My husband and I were in Maqueda a year ago as boyfriend and girlfriend and had a brilliant time and I shared my experience on this site back then raving about it all.

Now I am back to tell you about the family's Mozambique camp where we spent our honeymoon. Although very different from Maqueda in the sense it is in a remote area and close to the sea, it still has the same comforts, exquisite food and hospitality that only this wonderful family can provide.

My husband and I spent 4 very relaxing days lazying at the camp and on the beach and as usual eating the most mouth watering food you will be blessed to taste.

On the last night we gathered around an enchanting fire and feasted on a prawn braai.
The camp was very clean and comfortable. We were in a luxury tent and despite heavy rains on 2 nights we stayed very warm and dry in our beautiful bed. It was wonderful to be woken by sunshine, birds and delicious coffee and rusks each morning.... before the fresh fruit and cooked breakfast that followed.

I highly recommend the experience not only for people from outside of Africa (my husband is Irish and I am an Italian saffa, we live in London) but also for fellow Saffa's that need to unwind from all the noise, rush, commotion and stress our daily lives put on us.

The family also told us they have hosted team building events close to and at this camp in a similar form to 'the amazing race' and the company has been back a second time. So this camp is not just a perfect remote holiday spot but also good for team building business events, boys/mens weekends and the likes.

As I said before, although each venue is different and unique with its own treasures to offer, both are very very clean. luxurious, comfortable and the food is exquisite, and all this is delivered with such love and passion by the hosts, Francois, Etienne and their wonderful parents.

My husband and I are already planning our one year anniversary, when we plan to go back to maqueda lodge and invite friends to go with us.....any excuse to go back ;)

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank LoreleiFilotto
Reviewed April 16, 2012

A friend and I spent four days at Maqueda Lodge in early March. The lodge itself is beautiful and a bit funky, fully open to the wonderful surrounding area. More important was the family of owners and their staff who created the most welcoming environment I have ever encountered at a hotel. Good food and good wine served as the base for fascinating nightly conversations. Etienne's arrangements of day trips to Mozambique and Swaziland were a definite plus, as was our tour of the park with Dad as a superb guide. By the end of our stay we felt that we had genuine new friends.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed April 4, 2012

Having stayed for five nights at the beginning of March, we were made to feel so welcome that it was like being one of the family. As frequent visitors to South Africa, the standard of food and hospitality at Maqueda Lodge is second to none. The hosts, Etienne and Francois ensure you have a wonderful time no matter what you choose to do. The Crocodile Gate is only 20 minutes drive from Marloth Park Gate giving you easy access to the Kruger National Park. The rooms are very comfortable, the breakfasts superb with fresh fruit, yoghurts, cereal, toast and traditional full cooked breakfast - easily enough to take you through to the absolutely wonderful dinner! The opportunity to sit and eat with other guests at the end of the day, enjoying Etienne's marvellous dishes and good wine (at very reasonable prices) was a real treat after spending a long day in Kruger Park. Maqueda Lodge is a special place to visit and, no matter how long you stay, you will arrive a strangers but leave as friends.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 28, 2012

Wonderful experiences by being pampered even after 10:00 p.m. with a warm meal, some drinks and entertainment. The food is very good and a lot. The owners and particularly the old man is a kind of helpful specy, you will not find many anymore in this world. To approach the place is a bid cumbersome and the distance to the crocodile Gate is longer then expected. Nice to relax for two days, its a nice lovers nest.We haven't unfortunately tested the surounding environment, pool access and walking or montain biking through the Marloth Park would be great.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled with friends