Royal Kruger Lodge
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Kruger Boutique Hotel(Marloth Park)
  • Breakfast included
  • Restaurant
Skukuza Rest Camp(Kruger National Park)
  • Pool
Lion Sands - Tinga Lodge(Kruger National Park)
Machai Lodge(Hazyview)
View Hotel
All reviewsoutdoor showergame driveshead chefother guestssouth africasafari guideelephant experienceoutdoor bomaspot animalsafrican adventurenew friendshis knowledgehome away from homespotting animalsself drivean amazing experiencepersonal touch
FilterAll languages
Reviewed March 17, 2013

I enjoyed my stay at Royal Kruger Lodge because the staff were so friendly and accomodating the moment we arrived.
Though we had a short stay, we were well-fed, especially during the Boma dinners (African BBQ). The lodge is open to wild animals and we saw families of zebras, warthogs and wildcrested guinea fowls come through at various times of the day, and we had the chance to feed the zebras.
We went on a day safari drive to Kruger Park and managed to see the Big 5.
Only slight disadvantage is the lodge is located in adjacent to Kruger and it takes about 30-40 min to drive to Kruger National Park from Marloth Park.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed March 15, 2013

Just brilliant we had the best time ever '! Right from booking we were helped thank you vic .Julia I still can savour your cooking what a lady she truly makes this place .Leanne thank you and to all the hard working staff charday mr jack thank you all. after long flights we opted to drive from Johannesburg recommend to hire car,great roads only few klm of dirt to travel when we arrived we were stuffed,so we floated in the pool and stretched out on pool chairs with cold drinks to my utter surprise I looked up and there 3 meters away was this huge creature a kudo big wild beast then 5 min later in came the giraffes feeding on trees above us then in came zebras just an fantastic experience you can hear the lions roaring at night,do all the safaris you can . My husband and I did the armed guard walk throu the park a must do experience we were surrounded by hyena feeding on dead giraffe 20 meters from RINOS just brilliant great location great staff fantastic food brilliant guides thank you Rodger and crew this is a holiday you will never forget my husband and 12 year old son and I had one of the best holidays we have ever had ! Heather & Cyril

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
Vic R, Owner at Royal Kruger Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded March 17, 2013

Thank you so much for your kind feedback. All the team will certainly appreciate your review.

We always strive to ensure that guests not only have a nice place to stay with good food etc., but that we provide an overall adventure and experience that they will treasure for a long time. Apart from the staff, it is the animals themselves that help us achieve this and we are soo happy you got to see these both at the Lodge and on your game drive.

Again, thank you for taking the time to wirte the review and we hope to see you back in these parts in the not too distant future.

Wishing you all the very best,

Vic and the RKL Team

Reviewed February 17, 2013

This was a fascinating experience for me specially as I was travelling alone. I had some trepidation however from the first contact with the Lodge Vic was very efficient and I had my booking and requests promptly answered. On arrival the welcome was great. Julia's cooking and Robert's excellent ability to spot game and at a distance and his great knowledge was really appreciated. I was very fortunate to see all the big 5 on my 2 game drives. The walk in Marloth Park with the guide Rick was exceptional, he was very knowledgeable and didn't hesitate to answer all my sometime silly question regarding the plants etc. It was a truly memorable place to relax and make new friends. I hope one day I can return to the lodge.

Room Tip: I loved my twin bedded room. the bath was appreciated after a very early game drive and the complimentary massage as well
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled solo
Vic R, Owner at Royal Kruger Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded February 19, 2013

Many thanks for your kind feedback and so glad you enjoyed your trip.

I don't get the opportunity to respond to all feedback but to all our guests, please know that we read all of the reviews and really appreciate you taking the time to give us feedback.

We really love to hear that our efforts add the the enjoyment you overall experience of South Africa. If you are in these parts again, please email me direct and we will most certainly do something very special for you.

Once again, many thanks and all the very best to you.

Vic

Reviewed January 26, 2013 via mobile

A fantastic week where words are
hard to describe the amazing experience. The flights to get there are tough BUT the stay more than made up for them, we found the staff absolutely fantastic, so welcoming, friendly, helpful.... I could go on and on as they were the best. We did 3 safaris and wow we saw it all, the only one we missed was the cheetah but every other animal more than made up for it. Robert, Rick and Boy Boy were excellent guides and were so experienced and fun. Leanne was wonderful, a lovely lady who couldn't do enough to organise tours etc and as a bonus loved Aussies! Julia and her staff were so kind and great cooks. All in all we had an amazing time.

• Stayed: January 2013
Reviewed January 17, 2013

Many of the guests I spoke to were just as impressed as I was with the total service provided at Royal Kruger. From the initial email contact, to the wonderful service and knowledgable guides, the whole thing was effortless... And so relaxing. With beautiful gardens, abundant wildlife, a swimming pool, unique dining/drinking settings and clean rooms (with air con) this was the perfect place for a 5 day getaway... Just wished I'd been able to stay longer!

• Stayed: January 2013