“Good accomodation, bad breakfast, no english language !!!”
Review of Yadis Oasis Kebili

Yadis Oasis Kebili
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Kebili
Celle, Germany
“Good accomodation, bad breakfast, no english language !!!”
Reviewed October 4, 2013

I stayed a couple of nights there and enjoyed a quiet and clean room.
But, the breakfast was awful! Sour milk, cold coffee, old bread - what else can you ask for?
And, the day I wanted to check out, I had to pay for a taxi to get cash for the costs of the hotel!
No credit cards accepted!
When I tried to speak to the manager about it, he did not understand any english!!!
So, be careful and carry enough cash around with you.It is difficult to book any excursions without speaking french!
Good luck.

Room Tip: Take a room on the first floor, because there is no lift for luggage.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
Exeter, United Kingdom
Reviewed August 8, 2013 via mobile

This is my third stay at this hotel as we have family that live nearby. We stayed for 2 nights (myself with my husband and our baby). The rooms are basic yet adequate. The restaurant, food and service are dire. We were the only ones at breakfast as the others that stay in this hotel are on the Sahara tour and leave in the early hours of the morning. Breakfast was an egg, halwa which is a Tunisian pasty kind of breakfast food, topped off with stale bread and bitter coffee. Dinner was not much better, however there was a better atmosphere as the Sahara tour buses were there for the night. It is buffet service with soup to start, the soup was Tunisian Hsou which was lovely the downfall was it ran low so we just had a small scoopful and it was not replenished. The rest of the food was Tunisian dishes which were ok but didn't appear particularly fresh. As for the bar in this hotel, forget it. It's barely ever open, when it is the bar man charges what he feels like. I don't understand why the receptionist or even security are unable to serve at the bar as the hotel is far from busy and bar is next to reception. Baring in mind there is no where to walk to to buy a drink outside! So I feel this is unacceptable especially considering the hot climates. This hotel is convenient for us as I said we have family in the area but in future we will stay in Douz as there are better hotels and we are prepared to be that little further away to get what we pay for.

Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Newton Abbot, United Kingdom
Reviewed July 29, 2013

Our 3rd visit to his hotel due to visiting family. As this s the only hotel in Kebili we have no choice.

The service deteriorates each time, although, what service?? We stayed half board, but ay as well have had room only due to the extremely poor quality of food.

There was no soup left and it wasn't replenished, the food looked so sad.... Breakfast was no joke but in hindsight would have made entertainment on a Mr Bean type comedy.
We sat down 4 of us the only guests in the restaurant, we waited and waited eventually a cook came out went back came out with 4 cups went back returned with 4 saucers. Then the cutlery, we waited no communication at all.. The came 4 eggs put in front of us no egg cups, we waited for plates, none ever came then jam of some concoction arrived. Then it all stopped.. We decided to tackle the eggs with paper napkins as plates, the eggs were cold and nowhere to put the shell.
Then the coffee arrived in a milk jug and it was Luke warm yuk a few mins later the milk came, followed later by the sugar. We had no bread to use with the jam, but it came and was stale! and so hard it caused me dental pain. we gave up and were just about to leave when this so called liquid porridge arrived my goodness it was the colour of cement and smelt like it.
The 2nd evening meal was just as bad and included with salad was raw chunks of tuna yuk!
and the same desserts brought out again.
Breakfast the next morning was no different worse! As they forgot the eggs!!

The temp was hitting 40c and the hotel would not serve soft or alcoholic drinks until 7pm which is unacceptable in this heat and for a 4* hotel.

We complained to the manager but it made no difference.

The rooms were ok shared with ants! The pool furniture is white wooden slated chairs most broken and no cushions/seat pads for comfort.

This hotel is obviously designed for stopovers on dessert tours and not for longer stays.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank tirol94
milano
Reviewed September 21, 2012

I was in this hotel in August 2012 for one night with my wife to return from the desert. We had a great time, and the restaurant is in the room. I recommend it. the hotel is quiet, clean but a bit isolated.

Room Tip: our room overlooked the pool was quiet and cool
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Newton Abbot, United Kingdom
Reviewed August 6, 2012

We stayed here for two nights 25 & 26 July while visiting family in Kebili.

A bit of an isolated hotel, only used for stopovers for visitors to the Sahara Desert. We had HB
food was fair, breakfast poor less than a continental breakfast.

We went out for a walk I. The evening it was baking hot, we returned just before 11pm and were thirsty due to the excessive heat. We were told the bar was closed, and couldn't even get a glass of water! The hotel info said the bar was open until midnight.

Rooms were ok, but on the whole not a friendly hotel.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank tirol94
Exeter, United Kingdom
Reviewed August 6, 2012

Stayed here July 25 for 2 nights with my Husband and my Mum and Dad (2 rooms). This is the second time I have stayed here (1st time Oct 2011). We use this hotel to visit my in-laws in the area. The check in is prompt and staff polite. The rooms are good for a hotel in this region. They have a fridge which you need here with time 50C + in the summer, and a TV. I don't think any of the rooms have balconies. Our room was facing the pool which is in the centre (the rooms go around in a square) the rooms are external from the hotel however it is a covered corridor from the reception to the rooms and restaurant. We booked half board. Our first evening meal was resonably good with a buffet as there was also a coach load of guests staying here which is mainly what this hotel is used for, the choice was salad and Tunisian hot dishes was were nice.
Breakfast wasn't up to standard. I believe we were the only people eating breakfast here as the coach trips left early. Breakfast is served to you, and consists of a hard boiled egg, croissants, bread and cheese triangles and jam with coffee and orange juice.

We used the swimming pool here which was very refreshing and much need in the hot climates.

Our second evening meal was'nt as good as I think we were the only ones in the hotel and therefore the food was served to us rather than a buffet which is understandable however we were not given a choice, fortunately we happy to eat what we were given but it would have been nice to have had a couple of choices.

The bar -
Very hit and miss, the bar was not open through out the day and closed early at night with lights out. The bar is in the reception / lobby so I don't understand why the receptionist who is not doing anything as there are no guests cannot serve the bar which is next to reception.

All in all we had an average stay.

Room Tip: Ask for pool view.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Glen Ellyn, Illinois
Reviewed November 2, 2010

I, like probably a lot of people who stay here, stayed one night for the 2-day Sahara trip. This hotel is beautiful on the outside. EXCELLENT food for breakfast and dinner. There's free wifi internet in the lobby (which is very hard to come by). The pool is nice although we didn't get to swim in it as it was too cold at night.
Basically those are the pro's. Our room looked drab and boring when we first entered. Luckily the mattress was nice and firm so I slept well on it, but there was no hot water in the bathroom. There were ANTS all over the floor and my boyfriend found one of those huge black beetles next to the toilet.
Basically, I would not stay here again even though the food an bed were good. I will tolerate a lot (I mean it was only one night and was included in the trip so all I wanted was a roof over my head) but waking up to ants all over the floor and possibly were crawling on me at night.. that's too much.
One other good thing about the place is that it was quiet at night.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Kebili
Sun Palm
Sun Palm
#6 of 7 in Douz
Hotel Sahara Douz
Hotel Sahara Douz
#1 of 7 in Douz
Camp Yadis Ksar Guilane

Been to Yadis Oasis Kebili? Share your experiences!